• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Archer870

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    I have a Makarov that came with a paddle type heavy nylon holster that I used to carry.It was a bit heavy so I bought a Sigma 40.I bought a nylon holster off Ebay and was not satisfied in the least.Went immediately to my local gun shop where I shelled out the 40 bucks for a leather holster from Tagua.WOW,what a difference.I will never try to skimp on such a valuable piece of equipment again.

Lodogg2221

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Kokomo
    $40 is kinda cheap for a leather holster, but if it works, keeps the weapon secure, it doesnt matter the cost. I might be odd, but for my Glocks, I actually like the Glock belt slide holster. Nothing that thin that holds it as well! And certainly nothing that cheap...

GPD177

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    You guys are very correct. It always amuses me when someone will pay $500 for a weapon, then get a $15 dollar uncle mikes nylon "holster" and cheap thin walmart belt to hold it all up. It is truly amazing what a good belt/holster combo can do as far as comfort and concealability.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    You guys are very correct. It always amuses me when someone will pay $500 for a weapon, then get a $15 dollar uncle mikes nylon "holster" and cheap thin walmart belt to hold it all up. It is truly amazing what a good belt/holster combo can do as far as comfort and concealability.

Hey, I use the cheap Walmart belts. My holster's metal clips will tear up the material. I don't think any belt, outside a metal one, would not tear, especially since I also carry a small push knife clipped on the belt (actually taking this knife holster on and off has caused more damage to the belt than the metal gun holster clips). I can't see spending good money on a belt that likely won't hold up that well.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Have a bulldhide belt for 1 1/2 years with no problems whatsoever.

I carry heavy tools and guns on it every day.

Before i bought it I went through a belt every 6 months.

I got mine at the 1500. I am sure I have a card from the distributer.

Lodogg2221

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Kokomo
    I always forget about belts, because I dont like a flimsy belt anyway....lol.
    Oddly enough, I have a cheapie leather Levis belt that is much better than my more expensive Filson belt (gift lol). Im not too big on "tactical" stuff for everyday use, but do have a 5.11 tactical brand belt, and its sturdier than any leather belt Ive owned. Could be because its reinforced, but still, great belt, but it doesnt give a bit like leather does.

I also have a really nice leather holster from Wilson for my 1911, but the loops are a bit wide for most belts, and if I have a belt that fits the loops, it doesnt fit the loops in my pants! Now since I dont own too many leather holsters I dont know, but, is that common with them?

Archer870

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    Thanks for the comments gentlemen,I dont believe the belt will be an issue as it was stated above I have always worn a thick leather belt.My ex bought me one at a leather shop in E'ville almost 10 years ago and it is still in great shape minus a few scuffs.I am not sure if I mentioned that it is an inside the waistband holster.yes it holds the weapon secure yet is still quickly assessable.I see your point about using a cheap holster for an expensive weapon.It is like the guy that loads a $9000 4 wheeler
    with 2x6's that were laying in the yard or something.

Top Bottom