• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    When I worked for a gun shop we were told we were to hold the gun for the NICS check for 3 business days, without a call. What each shop decides to do is up to them after 3 days.
    It is just common sense that if it comes back a denial they will pick up more than the gun.
    Are you like my first husband, everything has to be written out exactly for you to understand it?
    Well if you had taken the time to read YOUR original post...you indicated that the FFL "HAS" to release the firearm after the third day. Since you worked in a gun shop you know that is not the case, and it was possibly just a simple error on your part. As far as your personal comments..keep them off the board....Thanks.

redneck919

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2009
    southside
    i have a friend who went into GM 2 months ago and was gonna drop something like $950 on two guns in there.he got delayed.Gm employee said oh well we will call you when we hear something from them and you can come get them.we will hold your guns for you.my friend has never been in jail or in trouble of any kind.put down all his info as he needed to.the very next day he went into elmores and bought his guns. GM still hasnt called.

rockydog

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Lake Wawasee Northern IN
    Three Christmas's ago i was at Gander Mt in Ft Wayne and wanted to buy my son a .22 for Christmas. Got delayed and they told me they do not do delays and canceled the sell. That's when i got ticked and started the process to find out the reason (i mentioned before). Thanks again InyVet and SLV for the link

holejack1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2009
    South West Indiana
    I think it mostly depends on who is on the other end of the phone, and what mood they're in, or maybe what mood their supervisor is in.
    I've had them say they needed further review a couple of times, other times it went straight through.
    Doesn't seem to be any logic to it.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Well if you had taken the time to read YOUR original post...you indicated that the FFL "HAS" to release the firearm after the third day. Since you worked in a gun shop you know that is not the case, and it was possibly just a simple error on your part. As far as your personal comments..keep them off the board....Thanks.

yes sir ;)

When we had waited 3 days, we always released the gun. And I have had occasions when one or two was a denial one brought a letter in and needed it stored for 60 days until his stuff cleared, he wasn't picked up with the gun nor was the gun "picked up". They were called and told what they had to do.
    :dunno: YMMV

Doublet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Lafayette
    Delay

alot of times a delay can be caused , another person whom name , birthdate is close to yours , and fed wants to check alittle more completely .

redbarontoys

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Is the XD 45 new or used? Just a thought that may be all wrong but maybe they need to confirm the background of a trade-in and the delay has nothing to do with you.

Top Bottom