• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Only in America would someone do bodily harm to another for a "good deal, a day after giving thanks for what we have...

Let's see:
    1) Driving back to Indiana, I was told I was #1 for I guess driving 75 in the right line, obviously causing driver to pass me in the left lane.....yeah, I typed that correctly.
    2) Told I was #1 for putting on my turn signal, slowing down, & turning into our Church parking lot, I guess he didn't like having to slow down.

Guess I'm #1

No, not equating people being a$$hats to getting punched in face (one must be careful of wording here on INGO, you know the A$$hat thing again), just general observation of rampant jackasserie today.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    A. You could not pay me to Black Friday shop.
    B. Assault is attempting to injure or kill me; plain & simple.
    C. Disparity of force calls for evening the levels of force.
    D. Force will be met with force.
    E. My life (as well as that of my family) will be preserved.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    All depends on who the players are.

I dont want to even the forces involved; I want make mine vastly superior to the snot-nosed punk that used force first so he thinks twice about being stupid again. Contrary to INGO popular belief, just because I unholster doesn't mean I have to use it.

JB357Mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Yea!
    Yes, punch me in the face, you get to see right down the barrel
    at a shinny new hollow point.

Have you heard about the knockout game? Thugs just walk around
    and punch people in the face.

I carry to avoid violence upon my person.

Jimmy

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    When I lived in Chicago, I saw a guy get punched in the face. He fell down, hit his head on the pavement and went into a coma. I've read lots of news articles over the years wherein someone got punched in the face and either died as a result or ended up with brain damage.

So I'm not going to fist fight someone. I'm going to shoot or knife him. Period. And whatever happens later, happens later. If I go to trial I'll drag a parade of trauma surgeons through the court who will testify to the risks of getting punched in the face.

This isn't grade school. The streets and sidewalks are not covered in wrestling mat or nice, soft grass; they're hard and unforgiving surfaces. And I'm not going out like that.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    summer-glau-tscc-season-2.jpg

I don't know who she is either. But why is it, that every time you see some idiot posing with a gun, their finger is almost ALWAYS on the trigger?:dunno:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I dont want to even the forces involved; I want make mine vastly superior

It's not that I didn't mean that's prezactly what should happen. What I'm saying is... in the FIRST place, regardless of height/stature/build/age/etc. (with gender bestowing males the greater portion of upper body strength) the disparity of force has a woman on the failing end if a man takes a swing at her. I realize the story is two men, but the OP's question is "He punches you. Do you draw?"... so... Yes.

dusterboy49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Fremont
    If someone has a ruptured disc in the neck a single punch to the face with enough force can easily kill them. Two punches more than doubles the risk. A headlock that most people would shrug off afterwards most certainly will paralyze them for life at best.

All these fall under a legitimate "fear of death or severe harm" and justifies pulling a weapon to stop the assailant. For the large majority of people perhaps the answer will be 'no." But for those who say "yes" find out first if their reason is sufficient before telling them they are wrong.

I have to agree with you on this one Jack.
    This guy has a "death wish" and will certainly run into
    the wrong person in his future. You cannot attack people
    and get away with it.:twocents:

digitalmonster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN

I would not have been in a line waiting for frenzy to ensue. The whole blackFriday thing has violence attached to it year in and year out.

Why do we put ourselves in unsafe situations to save a few bucks that werelost waiting in line for junk that gets used for a short time then tossed out?

popsmoke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    You are in a line and have words with someone that line jumped. He punches you. Do you draw???

One punch // no
    Barrage of punches // yes

If I can't intelligently defend myself because he's just a better slugger than I am... I'll admit I'd probably draw on him. It might escalate the situation, but I'd rather face legal trouble than risk a concussion because I didn't want to spook customers who weren't getting punched in the face.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Why do we put ourselves in unsafe situations to save a few bucks that werelost waiting in line for junk

Because people practically salivate over being the FIRST to spend money they don't have on crap they don't need.
    But hey... it's their [STRIKE]money[/STRIKE] debt. So have at it. :)

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    As JetGirl said, it's all about who's involved.

Am I giving up weight/reach/some other advantage? Yes, I draw.

Is he like some of my friends who are gelatinous blobs or others who are stick figures I can break in half? No, I'll take my chances with the whupass.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    If punched in the face then I think it's warranted to draw a gun if you feel that you need to. It's not mandatory, but justified. This is bolstered by the fact that in the story the police didn't arrest the pistol guy, they must of thought it was justified also. I Don't normally go for the gun that quickly, but I didn't see the attacker's demeanor.

There sometimes is a "barroom brawl" mentality when people think it's ok to put hands on somebody, yet they actually intend no SERIOUS harm. From the backside of a hit it can be difficult to tell if the situation is serious. If it isn't obvious then you better go ahead and draw. Beating the living crap out of them is an option too........ Your choice.

The thing that scares me is the crowd. The story mentions a 9mm pistol. 9mm has a strong reputation for whiffling right through and on down the street. YOU HAVE TO KNOW YOUR BACKSTOP. I carry a .357 magnum and have the same worry. I have chosen my carry rounds and tested them extensively to be sure that they will not over-penetrate. I hope anybody packing .38 special or larger considers this when loading for the street.

Another consideration is that a cowboy could jump on you from somewhere in the crowd. Since the 9/11 attacks where the ridiculous became reality, machismo is on a rise. Seeing a guy with a pathetic razor knife manage to kill thousands of people has had an effect. You could possibly get beat-down by the crowd.

Top Bottom