• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bart2278

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Not tootin my own horn here, but I'm a decent sized human and I would more than likely atta...er I mean defend myself by beati...I mean restraining him until the police showed up. Just kidding, but in reality you really have to be sure that someone is trying to hurt more than just your pride. A punch I would not pull the firearm out, but if a knife came out and I was in no position to disarm him, then the firearm comes out.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    If someone has a ruptured disc in the neck a single punch to the face with enough force can easily kill them. Two punches more than doubles the risk. A headlock that most people would shrug off afterwards most certainly will paralyze them for life at best.

All these fall under a legitimate "fear of death or severe harm" and justifies pulling a weapon to stop the assailant. For the large majority of people perhaps the answer will be 'no." But for those who say "yes" find out first if their reason is sufficient before telling them they are wrong.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    He gets a bullet :ar15: I was attacked I have the right to self defense. If I get hit in the temple it can severely hurt me/possibly kill

Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN
    Not being in his shoes, I can stand back with a cool head and realize that calling out a line jumper wasn't worth being punched in the face. When I carry a handgun, I cannot escalate a situation that does not already require deadly force.

Unless it's a line to marry Jewel Staite......then the gloves are off and may God have mercy on your soul.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    If someone is bat **** crazy enough to punch me over a Black Friday shopping deal I have to question their sanity. You don't know if he has a gun, knife, or other weapon but he'll sure as hell know if I've got a gun. Of course, mind you, if he comes at me swinging most likely I'm dropping him like a sack of potatoes with my fists first.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Not tootin my own horn here, but I'm a decent sized human and I would more than likely atta...er I mean defend myself by beati...I mean restraining him until the police showed up. Just kidding, but in reality you really have to be sure that someone is trying to hurt more than just your pride. A punch I would not pull the firearm out, but if a knife came out and I was in no position to disarm him, then the firearm comes out.

I am old and tired and cannot fight nor do I wish to fight, gun comes out, the choices are his to make at that point. Did I mention I am old and tired? Easier just to shoot you.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    5 or 10 years ago I would have said no on drawing after a punch but with society as it is today and you never know who has a weapon or who is high on what I draw and get the situation under control.

bart2278

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Not being in his shoes, I can stand back with a cool head and realize that calling out a line jumper wasn't worth being punched in the face. When I carry a handgun, I cannot escalate a situation that does not already require deadly force.

Unless it's a line to marry Jewel Staite......then the gloves are off and may God have mercy on your soul.

I had no inclination of who Jewel Staite was, but upon looking her up I can safely say she is beautiful. Good call

bart2278

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    I am old and tired and cannot fight nor do I wish to fight, gun comes out, the choices are his to make at that point. Did I mention I am old and tired? Easier just to shoot you.

I understand my father has the same mentality.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    To answer my own question. If I were carrying I wouldn't have had words with a line jumper. It would have ticked me off but I wouldn't have said anything. When I carry I avoid confrontation much more than when I am not armed to avoid the possibility of having to use deadly force. Because even if justified it probably will cause me a big pain in the ***. When I am unarmed and someone cuts me off etc. they are much more likely to get the bird or a word or two than if I am armed.
    So with that said, if someone struck me I would draw and point at him to avoid a second blow because a blow to the head can cause serious injury or death.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I avoid this dilemma by immediately shooting line jumpers no questions asked. No need to bring words into play that might get me punched. :draw: :D

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    summer-glau-tscc-season-2.jpg

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I avoid this dilemma by immediately shooting line jumpers no questions asked. No need to bring words into play that might get me punched. :draw: :D

Thank the wonderful wizard in the sky!!! Someone else has some sense. Heck, I probably would shoot an old lady or three after smoking the line jumper. Those old ladies can be a bit feisty when it comes to getting a good deal.

Top Bottom