• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    Exactly, her qualifications don't go any further than being a politically connected acolyte of Al Gore.

Guys I must be looking at a different person. Several posters have referred to her BA in english. Are you missing the Masters in Clinical Social Work from a UT satellite in 1977. While I think she is screwed up worse than hogans goat, you cant be a licensed social worker without the sheepskin.

We gotta operate with good info. A google search easily shows up her web page plus many other references to her. Some have email link. Perhaps more than a few need to respond directly to her.
    But at least do it with good information.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Guys I must be looking at a different person. Several posters have referred to her BA in english. Are you missing the Masters in Clinical Social Work from a UT satellite in 1977. While I think she is screwed up worse than hogans goat, you cant be a licensed social worker without the sheepskin.

We gotta operate with good info. A google search easily shows up her web page plus many other references to her. Some have email link. Perhaps more than a few need to respond directly to her.

My bad on that being old school. A shrink should have a degree in psychology not social work to be a shrink, but then we have a president who is a community organizer so I suppose to those people it doesn't really matter.

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    I am not concerned with her degrees or her uninformed information. I have had to deal with her type before. They don't want a conversation or they wouldn't snipe at us from such an article. They would sit down and talk things out. But because she thinks that she has all the answers she will never listen. She honestly thinks that she is smarter and knows more than the rest of us. The only way she will listen to you is if you have a better education than she has.

I wonder how she would treat or handle a person that hunts that went to her over a death in his family? She is a good reason to check out doctors before you go to them. I try to have like minded people in all parts of my life. If she was my doctor I would be questioning every thing that she said.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    She is not a psychologist, although she likely has a BS/BA in it. She is an LCSW Licensed Clinical SOCIAL WORKER. And no, she will never get it. She just thinks she's being all cerebral and clever.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    If I were to write a rebuttal letter to her it would look something like this:

....................../´¯/)
    ....................,/¯../
    .................../..../
    ............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
    ........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
    ........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
    .........\.................'...../
    ..........''...\.......... _.·´
    ............\..............(
    ..............\.............\...

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    You guys realize that most of the traffic to her article is probably from gun forums like this one. I really think news outlets put up articles like that, primarily because they know folks like us will drive traffic to the site, pushing add revenue.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    The founding fathers gave me the right to own guns just like they gave her the right to say stupid things. Since I am suppose to be limited to muskets, she should be limited to pages printed on a printing press and distributed to guys on a corner by horseback.

The Second Amendment affirms and protects a God-given (or natural) right; the right of self-defense. What the .gov giveth, the .gov can taketh away. And too many lawmakers also think the Second Amendment "gives" us something.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Good point. Maybe you should submit a rebuttal to her stupid article. :yesway:
    I flamed that smarmy bigot on each point she made (including Al Gore not having invented the internet in 1789) for any non gunnies who might read her screed.

People like her make me think twice about competency tests to vote, but then some bigot like her would end up administering it

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Considering that this Doctor might see enough looney birds on a daily basis I can understand her fear. What I don't understand is why SHE wouldn't want to make sure she protects herself.
    I don't want libs like her coming after my forks so I can't attack a good steak.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson

In terms of education a licensed psychologist is required to have a doctorate, multiple years of practicum experience, an internship, and post doc experience prior to taking the licensing exam in almost all states. A social worker pretty much just has to have a masters and pass a licensing exam. In practical terms, equating a social worker to a psychologist is about like equating a certified nurses aide to a registered nurse.

FreeFAL

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 12, 2014
    Indianapolis
    She's a social worker. I work with social workers all the time (I'm a surgeon).

Out of dozens, only one appeared to be a normal human being. The majority are in the same vein as "cat ladies."

The Ninja

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    Indianapolis
    In terms of education a licensed psychologist is required to have a doctorate, multiple years of practicum experience, an internship, and post doc experience prior to taking the licensing exam in almost all states. A social worker pretty much just has to have a masters and pass a licensing exam. In practical terms, equating a social worker to a psychologist is about like equating a certified nurses aide to a registered nurse.

As a person who is being trained to work in conjunction with social workers from the medical side of things and who has worked with them before in a volunteer capacity, this. Not trying to knock them, but a person who's only training is in english and social work, regardless of their certifications in either, has no business being in psychotherapy.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Repeats "Please, help me understand."

She doesn't have the first clue about the topic and is already implying that self defense makes you a vigilante. No intentions of "understanding" it beyond the nose on her face.

Top Bottom