• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    After the Holidays she should turn in a paper at school "What I did for the Holidays". Or better yet a Powerpoint with pics included.

Can you now write off the AR and ammo as a business expense? Kind of like an electric fence, only more voltage.

Could maybe write it off as a vermin control devise!LOL Or livestock protection devise! That one Angus calf might have had some of the best sirloin and porterhouse steaks ever in it and know I will never know! Yeah these yotes got to go! I mean depriving a man of all that grain feed goodness is a capital offense!!

Report kinda not required, my wife home schools the girls every day when she gets home work teaching 4th graders, she was sitting in the kitchen when Sis bagged them watching with a NV monocular! She gave her an A for effort and a A- for results because she missed once! Dang that womans rough on grades!LOL

My youngest, AKA Kiddo, is no slouch for 11 years old. She is walking pop cans at 15 yards with the kimber 22! She is getting around 2.5" 5 shot groups at 100 yards with a 4X acog on the pink blaster. She has only been shooting it for 3 months now.

Last edited:

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    Update. Sis just gave up at 8 am! She was in the sleeping bag at 4 again this morning and saw nothing today. She seems disappointed. She wants to try this evening now.

Been thinking about some of responses and am wondering if her like of shooting and the fact she is darn good at could spook some guys away? If so all I can say is BONUS!:rockwoot: She is a pretty level headed young lady.
    We have been thru much adversity as a family and it has made us understand how lucky we are to have each other!
    When Sis was undergoing chemo for Leukemia at the age of 7, one of the doctors rudely told me I had to leave the room while he examined my baby girl.:xmad: My wife told him he would have a better chance taking food from a starving Badger with hemorrhoids sitting on salted pine cones than getting me to leave!:boxing: She was correct!;)

Last edited:

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    If you haven't yet, time to buy an electronic call. Mine does wonders. Has the baby bird, crying puppy, etc. It will create a whole new deal for her. My son in law has mine right now, will try to find out what it is.

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    grizman said:
    My wife told him he would have a better chance taking food from a starving Badger with hemorrhoids sitting on salted pine cones than getting me to leave!

Now there's an analogy I really like.. It paints a pretty clear picture of what to expect!:D

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    Update, Well after taking the last two das off from the coyote watching, we saw nothing this am either. Have had no sign since Sis bagged the first two. Not even seeing new tracks in the snow. I am not a coyote expert is it possible they Sis killed the lead yote and the others are running elsewhere or do they just know not to come back here?
    Now, Sis, wants to find other land to hunt them on! Bags two her very first attempt and now she is hooked. She don't care about the predator control nearly as much as the challenge of making the shot! She had the LMT .308 out yesterday trying it out. She says it kicks more and takes longer to get back on target for a follow up shot but " I can learn to deal with it just need practice" :D Thats my girl! Wait I will be suppling the gear and ammo! And loving every minute of it!:rockwoot:

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    This ! IMO should the moto of all men that have females in their live'that want shoot !

Yep! I am not ashamed to take Kiddo to the public range and help her with the pink blaster! I am invovled in my girls lives, we spend quality time together doing something we enjoy. They have and are learning skills of value. Staying out of trouble and have a healthy respect for others! I call that a win for me and them!

ironjaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Indy Northeast
    congrats griz, on raising some good girls....I hope I can do half as good as you have done, with twice as many girls:)

I would suggest either a fresh bloody kill or put a stray cat, or chicken staked to the ground for bait. Sacrificing one chicken could be worth the reward of bagging a few more yotes.......drastic times calls for drastic measures. IMO

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    That's downright cool. Congratulations to her on two fine coyotes, and long-distance shots at that! :rockwoot:

My wife bought her first AR-15 last summer (a NIB Colt 6920), but has yet to set it up and shoot it. She took three nice 8-point bucks in three consecutive years of hunting alone (with a Saiga .410 and a Ruger 99/44 Deerfield Carbine), but has only taken one shot at a coyote. She hit it, but we don't know if it was a killing shot or not.

I admire your daughter for getting up at 4AM and lying in wait in the cold for a chance at a coyote. What were the sexes of the two coyotes? I believe that the alpha male and alpha female lead the pack on hunts. If she took the first two in the group, that may explain the lack of sightings recently, as the pack currently has no leadership.

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    That's downright cool. Congratulations to her on two fine coyotes, and long-distance shots at that! :rockwoot:

My wife bought her first AR-15 last summer (a NIB Colt 6920), but has yet to set it up and shoot it. She took three nice 8-point bucks in three consecutive years of hunting alone (with a Saiga .410 and a Ruger 99/44 Deerfield Carbine), but has only taken one shot at a coyote. She hit it, but we don't know if it was a killing shot or not.

I admire your daughter for getting up at 4AM and lying in wait in the cold for a chance at a coyote. What were the sexes of the two coyotes? I believe that the alpha male and alpha female lead the pack on hunts. If she took the first two in the group, that may explain the lack of sightings recently, as the pack currently has no leadership.

You may be on something there. Black was male red female and were leading the attempt to gain access to the beef!

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    congrats griz, on raising some good girls....I hope I can do half as good as you have done, with twice as many girls:)

I would suggest either a fresh bloody kill or put a stray cat, or chicken staked to the ground for bait. Sacrificing one chicken could be worth the reward of bagging a few more yotes.......drastic times calls for drastic measures. IMO

Time to get some beef blood from the processing house! To soak the stray cat in! I ain't messing around!LOL
    I did not know stray cats were good for anything but moving target practice!! Evil LOL!!

Bait and call time!

ironjaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Indy Northeast
    Time to get some beef blood from the processing house! To soak the stray cat in! I ain't messing around!LOL
    I did not know stray cats were good for anything but moving target practice!! Evil LOL!!

Bait and call time!
    drive a stake thru the back leg, just saying it works......brings the yotes right in! be prepared for more yotes coming from diff direction, not just downwind.

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    drive a stake thru the back leg, just saying it works......brings the yotes right in! be prepared for more yotes coming from diff direction, not just downwind.

That is not a big concern we can use the "tree house", it gets a new structure this spring and is currently a 12' X 12' platform standing 10 ft above the ground in the far corner of the yard back of the old barn.
    Will place bait 100 yards or so out in the pasture. Natural back stop no homes for at least 2 miles beyond my property line that way. Or Use the old hay door in the barn loft as a hide. Little longer shot but better hide! I am feeling better now maybe I will set Sis up like that for tonight, if I can "locate" some bait! Where did I put that live trap and where does the wife keep the extra cans of tuna!;)

ironjaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Indy Northeast
    That is not a big concern we can use the "tree house", it gets a new structure this spring and is currently a 12' X 12' platform standing 10 ft above the ground in the far corner of the yard back of the old barn.
    Will place bait 100 yards or so out in the pasture. Natural back stop no homes for at least 2 miles beyond my property line that way. Or Use the old hay door in the barn loft as a hide. Little longer shot but better hide! I am feeling better now maybe I will set Sis up like that for tonight, if I can "locate" some bait! Where did I put that live trap and where does the wife keep the extra cans of tuna!;)
    try ''here kitty, kitty, kitty!''

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville

I sincerely hope that you are joking (printed word doesn't convey sarcasm very well), as using stray cats for bait (and especially driving a stake through their leg) will land a fellow in jail for animal cruelty. I've killed plenty of coyotes over the years, and never baited a single one of them.

Top Bottom