• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    :DI am stuck inside with a case of bacterial pneumonia, yeah it sucks! We had a young calf attacked by a coyote in the pasture to the east of the house late last week. Moved the young calves Fri. The yote's been coming from the west thru my south hay field then under the fence at a dig out. Sunday I put some old freezer burnt beef and an electric heater in the shed at the edge of the hay field.
    Well this morning early, around 5:30, they smelled it and were attempting to get to it. My 17 yr old daughter was waiting on them with her AR on the back porch proned out in a sleeping bag! She went out there at 4 am! She put the aimpoint dot on the closest silhouette, kicked on the surefire 961 and began her first Yote hunt! She was close maybe 175 yards. Daddies girl got two of four! The second one she shot on the run as it bugged out!
    She must be a little rusty, I taught her to use that M4 like a Ranger!LOL I don't want to hear the "should have had a Marine teach her to shoot" stuff.LOL
    A 17 year old, 5 foot nothing, young woman took out a moving target barely 16" X 36" max at 150+ yards in the dark with a 225 lumen flashlight and a 2MOA red dot mounted to an homebuilt M4! :ar15: That was a heck of a shot!:rockwoot: 3 rounds fired 2 of 4 yotes dead! I can live with that! :D
    Here they were after daybreak before being disposed of.
    twoyotie.jpg

You may have noticed I am DANG PROUD of my baby girl! She snagged one of my Army Ranger "you can run but you will only die tired" sniper tee shirts for her PJ top tonight! I bet I don't get it back either! LOL

Last edited:

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    Nice shots!! Kudos to your daughter. You should be proud

I am! I built her that rifle earlier this year. She this spring decided she was to "mature" for the "pink blaster" now! The "pink blaster" is Colt 6920 Dura coated pink and is now the property of my 11 year old daughter! I don't care if they wanted yellow with purple polka dots, as long as they enjoy it!
    So this summer the youngest got handed down the pink blaster and the Kimber 22LR 1911.
    The oldest got a BCM, socom M4 upper, DD lite rail, YHM flip front sight, YHM phantom flash hider, Tango down VFG, Surefire 961, Aimpoint M4 2 MOA red dot with a 3X magnifier in a flip to the side mount, Gas buster charging handle, Matech Buis, PWS enhanced buffer tube, Magpul ACS stock, single point sling, pmags. Just your ordinary girls fun gun!
    She also has a Glock 19 gen4 she is learning to shoot. It will be hers when she gets her LTCH after her 18th B day this June. Man time fly's seems like I was changing diapers not long ago!

Last edited:

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    Good job! +1 for your daughter.

She was stoked all day! She has put in the trigger time in to get good. She averages 1k rounds per week between the AR and the Glock year round! Yes, she also knows how to run the Dillon super 1050 for the .223 and the 650xl for the pistols in the loading room! She loads nearly half of what we shoot. We burn through during the summer time about 16#'s of H335 3k small rifle primers and 3k of 69 grn sierras every 5 or 6 weeks!
    My girls are home schooled when the wife gets home from teaching at the elementary school here, so they do chores, home work, load or what ever during the day.

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    Congratulations to your daughter, dad, you did good. My youngest daughter is the hunter of our family. She got her first coyote this spring turkey hunting. Her husband called it in with his mouth and she shot it off hand with a 2 3/4" turkey shot at 10 yards. Man it was a foul smelling mess!!!
    I shot a red yote similar to your daughter's this fall. It is at the taxidermist to be mounted. The blacks ones around here will generally fetch 50 bucks from a taxidermist, blacks and albinos are always wanted by them. Lose any calves to them? I run a llama with my calves when they are on pasture. Due to an upper respitory infection that kept me down for days, my calves are getting seperated/weaned this coming week. Will keep them in the barnyard so I can hand feed and keep an eye on their condition. Come March will put them with a llama in a high pasture so they don't tear up the good grass. Kudos to all of you!! :rockwoot:

Oh, don't blink or they will be married off! Both of mine decided this was their year, youngest got married in June, oldest in Sept.! :dunno::(:rockwoot:
    They both found good guys, what more can a dad ask for??

AZ Hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    Dont run, you'll only die tired. Have that quote on my AR ejector plate. Its fitting since I use that rifle for yote hunting. Congrats to your daughter. You should be very proud! +1 for sure!

abrumlev

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    NE Indy
    Damn, my 17 yr old sis wouldn't get up at 4 a.m. to go shopping haha.

Congrats!

...Can I come hang out and shoot 1k rds a week with you guys haha...I'll run the dillon 24/7 :D

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    Congratulations to your daughter, dad, you did good. My youngest daughter is the hunter of our family. She got her first coyote this spring turkey hunting. Her husband called it in with his mouth and she shot it off hand with a 2 3/4" turkey shot at 10 yards. Man it was a foul smelling mess!!!
    I shot a red yote similar to your daughter's this fall. It is at the taxidermist to be mounted. The blacks ones around here will generally fetch 50 bucks from a taxidermist, blacks and albinos are always wanted by them. Lose any calves to them? I run a llama with my calves when they are on pasture. Due to an upper respitory infection that kept me down for days, my calves are getting seperated/weaned this coming week. Will keep them in the barnyard so I can hand feed and keep an eye on their condition. Come March will put them with a llama in a high pasture so they don't tear up the good grass. Kudos to all of you!! :rockwoot:

Oh, don't blink or they will be married off! Both of mine decided this was their year, youngest got married in June, oldest in Sept.! :dunno::(:rockwoot:
    They both found good guys, what more can a dad ask for??

I will have Sis get the black out of the dumpster in the AM and she can call the taxidermist around here and see if she can sell it. If it does she will be up every morning early looking for another one to bag!
    Lets not push out and married just yet. She doesn't even want to stay in the rental house we own near Ball State she will be attending in 2012! She says she would rather commute and stay at home if that is ok. Didn't take me long to say Yeah thats fine! LOL
    Has to be good guys! I say married and out on their own, better work on some grandkids for me to spoil! My wife and daughters are my life! You could take everthing else away from me right now and I would still be happy! When they do leave the nest I will be :(:D at the same time because it will seem like :tumbleweed: around here! Lost one calf.

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    Damn, my 17 yr old sis wouldn't get up at 4 a.m. to go shopping haha.

Congrats!

...Can I come hang out and shoot 1k rds a week with you guys haha...I'll run the dillon 24/7 :D

Hunting, black friday shopping, rode trip on the Harley, spend the day with dad, yeah she will get up early for those. She won't get up early to spend the day with Mom unless it is to shop! That gets Mom steamed sometimes!

My wife does not shoot at all. Between the three of us it is a lot of loading! I bought 4k 5.56 this year additional to give us a cushion on the reloading and to replace some worn brass. I will not give a round on hand total on any public forum.
    I have a buddy in Ill that runs a small ammo mfg company, I buy my reloading supplies through him. He gets a better volume discount price and I get my stuff for way less $$ also.
    The neighbors around here must be conditioned to all the gunfire know, they have stopped calling the SD every time we shoot!

Sis, is getting better with the G19 to. We play dueling pop cans, run the dueling tree, and what ever we can to compete as practice. She runs the 15 rnd mags in the 19, I run the 15 rnd mags in the G29. We have a blast!

randyb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Good girl. Not many teens would even get up at 4 a.m. let alone do some good shooting. You should be proud!

ShelbyCo.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2010
    Marietta
    Awesome!! I can only hope my daughter is that interested in shooting when she gets older! Congrats and +1 for your daughter.:yesway:

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    Outstanding! Grizman you have good reason to be proud,very good reason indeed! Great job by you both. You as dad/teacher and this awesome young lady as daughter/ pupil!:ar15:

This certainly calls for a big ol' :ingo:

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    After the Holidays she should turn in a paper at school "What I did for the Holidays". Or better yet a Powerpoint with pics included.

Can you now write off the AR and ammo as a business expense? Kind of like an electric fence, only more voltage.

Top Bottom