• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Please reread it. Read the sentence you quoted in context, that is it is a follow up to the one before it. If you're referring to the death panels part--you have heard of ObamaCare and the fact it includes death panels to decide the medical fate of the chronic/seriously ill, the elderly, etc., no?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Holy fecal matter! I had no idea "felony" had been turned into such a meaningless term.

For example, failure to properly dispose of a dead animal is a D felony. Or was, once upon a time. Title 15, Agriculture...

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I know of many State and County employees that will be retiring before that date, but because of changes in PERF. Not because of changes in the Criminal Code.

Did you read the article at the link? The Prosecuting Attorney in his resignation letter stated that the reason he was resigning was the coming reforms to the criminal code. Specifically. Explicitly. In black and white.

Unless we are applying the INGO Martian rules of reality, when someone states that he is doing something by writing it down and sending the letter to others I think this is good evidence that he is doing something for the reasons written down.

Unless, he did not write the newsletter.:D

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Please reread it. Read the sentence you quoted in context, that is it is a follow up to the one before it. If you're referring to the death panels part--you have heard of ObamaCare and the fact it includes death panels to decide the medical fate of the chronic/seriously ill, the elderly, etc., no?

Hopefully, instead of death panels we get something like carousel from "Logans Run" that would be great for 30 seconds.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    With reduced penalties come reduced power over people.

If you cannot charge felonies for stolen socks from Wal-Mart or Sportsman Warehouse (real cases that I had) the power of the office is diminished.

Why do you think Prosecuting Attorneys from all over the state are in Indianapolis right now testifying in front of the CLSPSC. IPAC is terrified.

Expect this to hit the news cycle around December just before the January session.

I LOVE that they included a misd level in the theft code based on amount...LOVE IT!!!! Maybe Walmart will stop calling us for every 5$ theft that they recover and spend thousands of dollars prosecuting. I think the changes are well overdue. I may not like them all but I think the positive outweighs the negative.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Did you read the article at the link? The Prosecuting Attorney in his resignation letter stated that the reason he was resigning was the coming reforms to the criminal code. Specifically. Explicitly. In black and white.

Unless we are applying the INGO Martian rules of reality, when someone states that he is doing something by writing it down and sending the letter to others I think this is good evidence that he is doing something for the reasons written down.

Unless, he did not write the newsletter.:D

If I were to look further into this, I'm betting (at 70) he's retiring because he's old and simply wanted to give a parting shot to legislators.

Kut (is pretty sure if he was 40 he wouldn't be going anywhere.... but back to court)

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I LOVE that they included a misd level in the theft code based on amount...LOVE IT!!!! Maybe Walmart will stop calling us for every 5$ theft that they recover and spend thousands of dollars prosecuting. I think the changes are well overdue. I may not like them all but I think the positive outweighs the negative.

Not an uncommon response from line officers. Heck, some officers I know would go further than the recommendations of the IPDC.:D

Top Bottom