• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    If I were to quit my job every time "they" changed made alterations in practice and procedure(s) at my place of work, I'd be changing jobs a couple times per year.

With any luck, I'll be long retired by the time I hit 70 -- unless the death panels get me first.

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    “The upcoming changes in Indiana's criminal code, which changes penalties for 'victimless' crimes such as drug possession, will require prosecutors' offices to make 'dramatic alterations in practice and procedure,'” he said in his letter to UC residents.Jordan will celebrate his 70th birthday in Jan., and from the tone of his open letter to UC residents., it appears he did not want to spend his 70th year, and the last year of his term, dealing with significant changes to the Indiana Criminal Code.
    Guess he didn't want to see his numbers drop signifigantly. I would guess a large percentage of "convictions" are for those crimes .

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Refresh my memory. What is it that is of such concern to the prosecutor?

With reduced penalties come reduced power over people.

If you cannot charge felonies for stolen socks from Wal-Mart or Sportsman Warehouse (real cases that I had) the power of the office is diminished.

Why do you think Prosecuting Attorneys from all over the state are in Indianapolis right now testifying in front of the CLSPSC. IPAC is terrified.

Expect this to hit the news cycle around December just before the January session.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone

If you cannot charge felonies for stolen socks from Wal-Mart or Sportsman Warehouse (real cases that I had) the power of the office is diminished.

Why do you think Prosecuting Attorneys from all over the state are in Indianapolis right now testifying in front of the CLSPSC. IPAC is terrified.

Expect this to hit the news cycle around December just before the January session.
    WAIT! There is a sportsman warehouse around here? WHERE?

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    So he is retiring over changes in the code? I suppose being 70 had nothing to do with it? Yeah, right.

Maybe you can't teach an old dog new tricks?

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I know of many State and County employees that will be retiring before that date, but because of changes in PERF. Not because of changes in the Criminal Code.

I have been wrong lots of times before though.

My wife and daughter will both retire before that date because of the huge change in PERF.

nickman54

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    If I were to quit my job every time "they" changed made alterations in practice and procedure(s) at my place of work, I'd be changing jobs a couple times per year.

With any luck, I'll be long retired by the time I hit 70 -- unless the death panels get me first.

You don't have to worry about that, just keep watching them VOLS and you will most likely have a massive heart attack....:): Go Irish

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    As July 1, 2014 approaches it is uncertain how many prosecutors will join Union County (Indiana) Prosecuting Attorney Ron Jordan in resigning their positions.

Highlights that sweeping changes are coming and some in law enforcement are uneasy.

The Indiana Law Blog: Ind. Courts - Union County prosecutor Ron Jordan resigns, cites criminal code changes

One prosecutor resigns and you conclude "prosecutors beginning to resign"?

One person dies of a heroin overdose and it's an epidemic?

One shark eats a surfer and it's a rash of attacks?

Somewhere there is a job for you in the MSM, methinks.

nickman54

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    I hear ya, being an Irish fan is full of ups and downs. Actually met a lot of Tennessee fans and all have been A+ classy.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    One prosecutor resigns and you conclude "prosecutors beginning to resign"?

*Ahem* I qualified it, Professor, with uncertain how many are to resign. Geez., to wit:

As July 1, 2014 approaches it is uncertain how many prosecutors will join Union County (Indiana) Prosecuting Attorney Ron Jordan in resigning their positions.

Union County is the first one. I expect others to follow. The more senior in years the sooner they will resign.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Felonies? Socks? You mean by the truck load, right?

Dude, I wish I was joking. But one of my favorite reforms is the bringing back of petty theft in Indiana. Under $750 will be a misdemeanor.

They just grab their labels and rock on $10 worth of PopTarts. I get the Who Farted pose and a lecture about how all Thefts are felonies.

IIRC, it was one pack at Wal-Mart (like a dozen of white gym socks) and some nice Browning hiking socks at Sportsman's Warehouse.

Got a case with a belt from Kohl's right now as a felony and $8.80 in pop and beef jerk as a felony from West Lafayette.

Juries have about a $100 cut off. They will give you misdemeanor if go to trial over socks.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    *Ahem* I qualified it, Professor, with uncertain how many are to resign. Geez., to wit:

Union County is the first one. I expect others to follow. The more senior in years the sooner they will resign.

Uncertain how many sharks will attack after one attacks surfer dude.

After all, every rash begins and ends with one attack. :dunno:

"Defendant tells counsel/tribunal truth about his criminal record, millions expected to follow suit!"

Not.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    If I could bet you, I would bet you a plate of chicken feet at Harbor City that there will be more than several resignations as July 1st approaches.

"Defendant tells counsel/tribunal truth about his criminal record, millions expected to follow suit!"

I object, you know that may never happen. There has been at least ONE resignation, but your scenario may never happen.

Top Bottom