• Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Damn straight, you'll pay a premium!
    First one of those you touch off, the premium might be continued use of your gun hand.

If you're really that dedicated to lightweight carry, get the 50 BMG in scandium.
    Na, tried one o them after my 45/70. No big deal. I’m looking for something with real punch….. :lmfao:

I heard S&W was looking at a J frame in .470 Nitro Express.

Hope’en to run across one of them. I’d buy it today.

But this is not an answer to the OP.

I‘m standing down in deference to the OP.

Last edited:

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    If you just want to 'get rid of' them, why bother with a gun show? Unload said firearms. Make sure they are NOTICEABLY unloaded: cable lock, cylinder/action open, whatever, and cased, if possible. Go to any local gun store. Leave guns in the car. Inside the store, engage a counter person and explain your upcoming actions and intentions. Inform counter person that you are going to retrieve said UNLOADED hardware. Upon re-entering the store, place said UNLOADED hardware on the counter and allow the counter person and/or other staff to open cases, clear, examine the UNLOADED hardware and such. This should go without saying, but here it is. Do not walk into a gun store, unannounced, openly carrying a firearm in your hand(s). Remember, nearly all staff in every gun store is armed. If I am there, so is at least one customer. Please do not compel anyone to ruin your day.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    If you just want to 'get rid of' them, why bother with a gun show? Unload said firearms. Make sure they are NOTICEABLY unloaded: cable lock, cylinder/action open, whatever, and cased, if possible. Go to any local gun store. Leave guns in the car. Inside the store, engage a counter person and explain your upcoming actions and intentions. Inform counter person that you are going to retrieve said UNLOADED hardware. Upon re-entering the store, place said UNLOADED hardware on the counter and allow the counter person and/or other staff to open cases, clear, examine the UNLOADED hardware and such. This should go without saying, but here it is. Do not walk into a gun store, unannounced, openly carrying a firearm in your hand(s). Remember, nearly all staff in every gun store is armed. If I am there, so is at least one customer. Please do not compel anyone to ruin your day.
    20220719_004531308_iOS - Copy.jpg

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Na, tried one o them after my 45/70. No big deal. I’m looking for something with real punch….. :lmfao:

I heard S&W was looking at a J frame in .470 Nitro Express.

Hope’en to run across one of them. I’d buy it today.

But this is not an answer to the OP.

I‘m standing down in deference to the OP.
    I wouldn't have one of them if you gave it to me.
    Rounds are too big.
    Cylinder only holds 4 instead of the standard 5.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    By someone who has 3 posts since 2012 and could honestly be an AFT troll?

That's the excuse for being insolent and running a potentially more participating member off?

What about any other gun folks this member might talk to about guns down the road?

Even if ATF, do you want them to get a chip on their shoulder for INGO?

:dunno:

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    That's the excuse for being insolent and running a potentially more participating member off?

What about any other gun folks this member might talk to about guns down the road?

Ohh and you don't think, with the thread having the words

Proper way​

In it, doesn't seem supremely fishy? From a 3 post poster from 2012. Everyone's SUS red lights should be going maximum overdrive with this.. it seems like someone fishing for targets.

1721756552316.gif

OPSEC people, don't FEED THE AFT TROLLS, on a public forum.

That is why I say, I never sell guns..

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012

Proper way​

In it, doesn't seem supremely fishy? From a 3 post poster from 2012. Everyone's SUS red lights should be going maximum overdrive with this.. it seems like someone fishing for targets.

View attachment 368092

Unless they logged out and came back to check the thread, they haven't been back since they made the OP.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

its-way-too-late-for-that-john.gif

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County

I agree to a point. Averages 1 post every 4 years? It is a bit strange.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County

Proper way​

View attachment 368092

I wish I had one to sell! I'm just here for the reading and fishing!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Proper way​

View attachment 368092

I don't disagree with your thoughts. You could be right! Or wrong? Since so many of us are never wrong, who gets to set the tone? :)

A lot of our folks are quite entertaining and funny with their responses. Do they sometimes get trigger happy on the keyboard? Carried away on the dogpile?

The problem becomes when the general premise of the thread turns into most of the participants trying to top one another at being the king a-hole. Trying to be the better with the slam to the "offending" member than the last one?

With all due respect, INGO in recent times has trended to members treating members rudely as a sport. Little or no regard for respect or manners to one another?

All in the name of "needing a thicker skin" to hang out on INGO?

:twocents:

:ingo:

cphan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Holy **** - Background - I've owned, shot and sold guns since I was 16 (I'm 52). I do not go to gun shows, have zero interest. I normally know what I want and why. I'm not a collector and I do not need more guns than I have time to actually go shoot. Kind of the same reason I have not bought new fishing gear for 20 years or a new driver in 10 years. We own an A class RV. From April to November, I'm rarely in my house. My wife and I can work remote from anywhere and take our dogs. I'm not taking 8 guns with me in my RV. I take my EDC and I take one more that is more my front pocket gun (ruger LCP II)

I keep my glock loaded and holstered. If you don't like glock - post somewhere else. I don't give a ****. Its what I learned to shoot with. I can clear a jam, break it down blindfolded and drop the magazine and reload better than any other handgun i've owned or shot.

I've owned 10+ other guns prior to the 8 I have now. I've sold them through personal connections - see Paragraph #3 below.

I've had extensive training, have friends who are cops and ROs. I've shot at Atlanta through IDPA, was wearing tshirt with sandals all 4 times and came in above middle of the pack with all the guys laughing at me and my buddy while wearing their gun belts, quick holsters, lug boots, specialty glasses, dad jeans with their antler tshirts tucked into the dad jeans.

If asking if there was a process or a set of social norms for taking 4 guns to a gun show then I'm sorry. I've sold and traded at shops before and I figure the $$ hit is similar and thought a show my waste less of my time.

I'll be keeping the 3 guns I need to travel with. If you do not think those are adequate enough, stop by and kick my door in and and lets find out.

There is post #4 since 2012 - suck it.

*** Edit - for those of you who answered with actual valuable information, thank you, it was appreciated.

Last edited:

cphan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Yes, I stand by my answer.
    Your answer was fine. I appreciate it. I have sold and traded through shops before. For anyone who has not - your reply was probably really good info.

I live in an area where all the gun shows from Lebanon, 2 in Indy, etc are all within 15-20 min drive for me so was just trying to save some time. We are also trying to downsize, preparing for early retirement so I'd like to get to where I do not need a 36 gun safe in my house anymore so we can move to a condo at some point or have all i need in our RV fulltime.

Top Bottom