• ...and so much more!
  • Djestr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Frankfort, IN
    Received my 2 Magazines today.

Picture resizing distorted a bit. Sorry.
    :rockwoot:
    picture.php

album.php

Djestr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Frankfort, IN
    I didn't have a chance to get them out and shoot today. Tomorrow though, I have plenty of time, despite the chilly weather.

I can say this though;

They are solidly built. They do have screws for taking apart for cleaning and maintenance.

Putting the 25 rounds in, was a hand work out, that spring is tight!

I anticipate that they will fire just fine. The magazine sits in the same location, with the round angle looking identical to the factory 10 round magazine. to me this is encouraging.

just my :twocents: so far.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    Best of luck with them. All that I have used or seen from Promag is pure junk. My self, I would not take a promag or usa mag if you gave me a ton of them.
    I sure would! I have heard that a lot of pro mag stuff is unreliable but I have talked to a couple of guys who had good luck with them. Besides, a ton of scrap metal should be worth a coupe hundred bucks!

seadoodr.

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    martinsville
    Best of luck with them. All that I have used or seen from Promag is pure junk. My self, I would not take a promag or usa mag if you gave me a ton of them.
    I've not used promag rifle mags before but I have a 15rdone for my p90, 2 15 rd mags for my sw99 and a 7 rd. for the girlfriends bersa .380 and other than a few ftf issues with the bersa (also happened with the stock mag.) until it was broken in I haven't had any issues with them.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    My experiences with Promag mags have been mixed. I wouldn't lump them with USA mags on the bottom but also not with Mecgar at the top. Once some more reviews come in and maybe after other vendors start selling these( hopefully for less $$) I might try a couple.
    Thanks for the info Djestr, please keep us posted.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    For those interested here's a link to a thread from RFC and a post/mini review from djestr's own thread on the Marlin forum.

ProMag 25 Round Magazine for 795? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Below from Marlin forum...
    I received my ProMag earlier this week and got a chance to use it this morning. I have a 795 with a wood stock from Numrich and had previously tried the Champion 25 round mag with limited success. I ended up getting frustrated with the Champion and throwing it away. I am happy to report that will not be happening with the ProMag 25 rounder. I ran about 50 rounds through it using 40 grain CCI-Blazer Lead Round Nose ammo, without any problems. It feed, fired and ejected every round. The mag is very well constructed and substantial. The mag spring was a little stiff, and the fit inside the receiver was somewhat tight. But I think both these isses will improve with use. The feed lips were a bit sharper than the ones on factory metal mags, but this should also change with time. The mag itself is not as curved as other 25 round magazines, such as the Champion or a Ruger BX-25 (for the 10/22). It really looks nice on the 795 and gives it a M1 Carbine look with the wooden stock. One feature I did notice is that the rounds are staggered in the mag when you load them-not straight (one on top of another) like the factory mags. This may help to keep the overall length of the mag at a minimum. Overall, it's a good magazine and I will be ordering more. I am hoping more websites carry the mags, so hopefully the price may come down. I paid $21.00 plus shipping on the ProMag website, whereas Academy Sports has it priced for less than $15.00 (but they are not available online as of yet at Academy). Bottom line, this is what we 795 owners have been waiting for, and it works.
    top.gif

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    A couple of years ago I had some AK 47 Pro Mags that were total trash, jamed every round. I noticed the had a lifetime guarantee, so I called the company and talked with the owner. He informed me they were not junk because they had the warranty and he would replace them. I sent the junk mags back and they sent me new upgraded mags which so far have worked fine.

Dave

cow35f

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Mulberry, IN
    loaded

I purposely left mine magazine loaded and did no shooting for over a week. I was trying to see if that helps the spring tension. I shot it again yesterday and it worked perfect. I think I noticed the spring loosening up some, when I reloaded.

Top Bottom