• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    typically if someone is born on an overseas US military base, thats the same as being born in the US.

IIRC I went to school with a girl who had the exact same scenerio. She technically held dual citizenship until she turned 18, then had to pick.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    typically if someone is born on an overseas US military base, thats the same as being born in the US.

IIRC I went to school with a girl who had the exact same scenerio. She technically held dual citizenship until she turned 18, then had to pick.

Yep. However, the pastor's kid was born in Germany off base and had to decide which "citizenship" he wanted.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    What really pisses me off about situations like this is that someone gets a load of bull **** from the very people who are supposed to know the process! For a person that may not know any better, but have an interest in defending themselves and their loved ones, they could take this info to heart and never get a LTCH. All because some idiot doesn't know their job. And I'll bet this turd at EPD makes way more on the hour than the burger flippers at McDonalds!

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    As other suggested, get a supervisor on the horn. Call the chief if you have to. Then if that fails call Guy. In fact the chief was out at the 911giveshope toy drive at the east side walmart. He may still be there. Swing by, make a donation, and have a chat with him. The assistant chief is there too.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    My wife and brother where both born in Germany. They where both born on base. They are both natural born US citizens as they where both born on US soil.

John McCain was born on base in the Panama Canal Zone. He too is a natural born citizen.

Was you wife born on base? If so, she too is a natural born citizen.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    My wife and brother where both born in Germany. They where both born on base. They are both natural born US citizens as they where both born on US soil.

John McCain was born on base in the Panama Canal Zone. He too is a natural born citizen.

Which matters exactly diddly to get their LTCH. You just have to live here, period. Hell even the Frenchman has one! :faint: :lmfao:

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    The burden of proof falls on the applicant. I would think this will be resolved favorably.

Try to look it as the license(not debating legitimacy of this requirement to be able to carry, it is the current law) is a huge responsibility. We would want them to get it right...

Keep climbing the ladder with your calls until you are able to ascertain what they need to satisfy their concern. Perseverance and a level head will prevail.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Somebody don't get it

Seems like Evansville comes up in a negative light a lot. Maybe they've hired all the surplus village idiots. :dunno:

I have a friend who is a German citizen working for a German-owned company in Indiana. He has been in the US for about 9-10 years. He bought a 10/22 with no problems and has checked into getting an LTCH. (yeah, we know he doesn't need it for the rifle) I don't know who he asked but he lives in Marion County and was told he would have no problem. He hasn't applied yet.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI

Generally, birth place doesn't matter. My wife was born in a private home in the Philippines yet she is a natural born US citizen as her father was a US citizen. That is all that was needed.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    The burden of proof falls on the applicant. I would think this will be resolved favorably.

Try to look it as the license(not debating legitimacy of this requirement to be able to carry, it is the current law) is a huge responsibility. We would want them to get it right...

Keep climbing the ladder with your calls until you are able to ascertain what they need to satisfy their concern. Perseverance and a level head will prevail.

It sounds like you are an advocate of bending over and grabbing your ankles after you drop the soap in front of the government.

I would raise ten kinds of Holy Hell for this embarassment. This is a direct infringement of a right guaranteed by the state of Indiana Constitution and Indiana Code. The secretary should be written up and educated instead of patted on the shoulder and congratulated for preventing another "dangerous" LTCH holder on the streets of Evansville.

This :poop: makes me sick. Colin I hope you guys get this taken care of on Monday because I have half a mind to go down there myself when I do the paperwork for my homestead tax in the same building. Got a name?

Gino66

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    SWIN
    ATVDAVE hit it on the head. The appeal process is very clear, and ultimately all permits are awarded thru state police. I live in the county, and have always heard EPD is a bad way to get a permit.....can't say i have ever heard a specific reason, but its becoming clearer with your post. Our permits were through the sheriff's office, sailed thru with no problems. I've never heard of anyone being hassled by VC Sheriff either. I suggest moving into the county, and re-apply from there.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    ATVDAVE hit it on the head. The appeal process is very clear, and ultimately all permits are awarded thru state police. I live in the county, and have always heard EPD is a bad way to get a permit.....can't say i have ever heard a specific reason, but its becoming clearer with your post. Our permits were through the sheriff's office, sailed thru with no problems. I've never heard of anyone being hassled by VC Sheriff either. I suggest moving into the county, and re-apply from there.

I went through EPD before L1 was available and had no issues except the chief drug his feet- apparently he took vacation for two weeks in May :rolleyes:.

One of my friends had a HELL of a time with the VCSD appointment which is a total load of crap, you do not have to go in for an interview any longer. Also moving to a different jurisdiction to get a LTCH is a little extreme especially when there is no reason to, EPD ****ed up and they should fix it ASAP.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    It sounds like you are an advocate of bending over and grabbing your ankles after you drop the soap in front of the government. ?

Not really... Actually, dealing with this kind of ignorance can be infuriating. I am trying to encourage the op to engage the bureaucracy in a civil manner unless he prefers to be hung up on or stone walled this early in the game.

There is still time to yell and scream, but just might not be necessary ...

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Not really... Actually, dealing with this kind of ignorance can be infuriating. I am trying to encourage the op to engage the bureaucracy in a civil manner unless he prefers to be hung up on or stone walled this early in the game.

There is still time to yell and scream, but just might not be necessary ...

Gotcha. Just that my understanding was this is the result on someone's opinion and was not "officially" denied so we don't have to start climbing the escalator of bureaucracy (it goes down the whole time) just yet.

Top Bottom