• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whitsettd8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Floyd Co
    I love country but I have to agree the last few years have really sucked. It seems the writers are just throwing together a bunch a stereotypical bs cliche lyrics. Every song is blah blah blah truck dip beer which sucks cause I really enjoy Country. There are a few good ones out there Kenny C, Zac Brown, Darius Rucker ;hell the women are putting out better songs than most the guys. I always look forward to a new Marinda Lambert Lifetime original abuse song but have to agree the state of Country music has really gone down hill. I keep the station on Classic Rock and have come to the realization that the music really has died.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Funny to read how people only listen to 'real country', you know, from the 80's...:lmfao:
    I really enjoy some of the newer stuff but...I'll take some Dolly, Tanya, Patsy, or Tammy over that 'broken heart queen, Taylor any day!

jackofspades

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2013
    Fishers/Noblesville
    Country music definitely has had a new life brought to it, and a new meaning in the meantime. There will still be some "classic' country styles in the years to come, but I think there will be a lot of singers (especially men) that are more pop-like as time continues. I could be wrong.... and I hope I am wrong...

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Funny to read how people only listen to 'real country', you know, from the 80's...:lmfao:
    I really enjoy some of the newer stuff but...I'll take some Dolly, Tanya, Patsy, or Tammy over that 'broken heart queen, Taylor any day!

The 80's was the beginning of the end. The only acts or atists that gained popularity in the 80's and seemed to still have a pulse in the mid to late 90's were acts Dwight Yoakum, Randy Travis, Straight, etc.. I associate the 90's with the rise of Dixie Chicks, Faith Hill and Billy Ray Cyrus.

I read an interesting article a while back about how the decline of the record industry in LA resulted in a bunch of execs going to Nashville in an attempt to find additional revenue. The premise being - that infusion of Los Angeles pop/top 40 thinking changed the whole genre.

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Can't remember the singer but that song "Sheep don't know their beautiful " was a good one.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Agreed. I listen to older stuff (Garth Brooks, Alan Jackson, some Tim McGraw) and the newest I get is Rascal Flatts and Brad Paisley.

Spoken like a true young whipper-snapper.:xmad:

Next you're gonna tell me Soundgarden and Nirvana are classic rock.:rolleyes:

Thanks for making me sound like my dad. Freakin kids.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    When my 13 year old daughter started talking about Hunter Hayes and Taylor Swift, I decided it was time for George Jones, Hank Williams (Sr.), Willie Nelson, and Merle Haggard with a little Dolly, Loretta and Patsy thrown in for flavor.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Spoken like a true young whipper-snapper.:xmad:

Next you're gonna tell me Soundgarden and Nirvana are classic rock.:rolleyes:

Thanks for making me sound like my dad. Freakin kids.

:yesway: Not a problem. I'm 25, and I didn't say it was classic, just that it was older. I grew up in the 90's so that's older for me. As for classic rock, I listen to the Beatles, AC/DC, Rush, etc. I listen to everything in rock from the 50's to now. I even listen to some music from the 20's and 30's. I'm not saying. I'm jus' sayin'.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    There are very few "new" country "artists" I can tolerate, Jamie Johnson comes to mind, and even though he's been around quite a few years, I love Vince Gill, an amazing talent, other than that, it's Waylon, Willie, Johnny, Merle, Dolly, Loretta, Tammy......the new stuff is just 99.9% crap, don't even get me started on taylor Swift and others like her, just complete crap! For you younger guys, try this on for size

Vern Gosdin Sings Set 'Em Up Joe Live at the Ryman - YouTube

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I kind of decided I liked country music after we watched "O Brother Where Art Thou?" a few years ago. Some of those old songs reminded me of some of the stuff I heard when I was a kid. I didn't really like it then but I guess I grew into it. I can listen to Hank, Rascal Flatts, The Cleverly's, Patsy, etc. right after another...depending on the song. I never like to buy albums because most (of anybody's) usually don't have more than 2-3 songs I like.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The 80's was the beginning of the end. The only acts or atists that gained popularity in the 80's and seemed to still have a pulse in the mid to late 90's were acts Dwight Yoakum, Randy Travis, Straight, etc..

Always did like the "hair bands" of the 80's. :): Keith didn't make it to the 90's...
    [video=youtube_share;yQj2huYyqpc]http://youtu.be/yQj2huYyqpc[/video]

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Crossover appeal and money is what it's all about these days . " Cookie cutter " one size fits most plans designed to appeal to the masses .

Taylor needs slapped and told to quit crying already , take her narrow ass back to December thinkin about Tim McGraw all the way .

I hope Kenny chesney drowns on an island and Toby Keith is with him choking on what ever is in their little red cups . Every time I turn on the radio one of those idiots has a new song out , practically every week .

It wouldn't break my heart if I were told that Billy ray and his drug usin , ass shakin devil spawn died in a fiery crash .

Whoever those idiots are , makin that CRAP (country rap fusion) garbage need to get lost in a holler never to be heard or seen from again .

Hootie needs to get the blowfish back together or go quail hunting with Dick Cheaney .

Country started to SUCK during the mid 90's and hasn't stopped since .

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Why do all male country singers today sound like they are likely to burst into tears at any moment? The best representation of my feeling towards modern country music are expressed by Hank Williams III in his song Pop Country Really Sucks.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    I'm not a country music fan in the least but I will say that I can tolerate some of the older stuff without complaint. However, getting out of the pool a couple weeks ago in PCB on vacation, I heard the dumbest song I've ever heard in my life. Blake Shelton and the chorus was "chew tobacco, chew tobacco, chew tobacco.......spit". W.THE.F?

if that's representing today's country music, I'll stick with rock.

Top Bottom