• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopGun_23

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Does anyone else who listens to country music think that some of the more modern stuff isn't as good.(during last couple of years) My favorites are like Trace Adkins, Alan Jackson, and Hank Williams Jr. And I just find stuff like Blake Shelton and hunter Hayes kinda stuff isn't as good as others that preceded them.But some big exceptions are Zack Brown Band and stuff like that.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I've pretty much stopped listening to today's country. I've found myself listening to the old stuff and getting really turned off on stuff around the mid to late 90's. What I have been listening to more and more is the singer/songwriter genre like Townes Van Zandt, John Prine, Guy Clark, etc...

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I don't listen to much country, but from what I have listened to, my guess is that the problem lies in the tendency for new material to differ little from pop aside from acoustic guitars rather than electronic instrumentation--not exactly the genuine article for someone who is into the real thing.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I really dont like country, but I like bluegrass. What they play on the radio today is NOT country. Just because you talk about losing your job, your ex wife taking your dog, your truck breaking down, etc doesnt automatically make it country if its sung to a pop tune.

Its like calling a Remington 750 a SBR/assault rifle. Yes, its black. Yes it shoots 7.62 ammo. Yes it has a removable magazine. No, its not a SBR. Close, but no banana.

42045.jpg

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Country music is hit or miss for me. Most of it doesn't appeal to my ears, but every now and then somebody writes a really good song.

Yep. I have several Taylor Swift songs in my rotation. Her music isnt markedly different than many female pop artists. Lyrics kinda, but music? No.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    New country is gay, prime country for xm, '90's country radio on my phone. '70's-'80's-'90's is where its at. Some great videos on YouTube when you get bored.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I actually just started listening to country music in the last couple of years. Some of it is just pop music sung with a southern twang. Some of it is actually pretty decent, though. You can tell the singers/songwriters that out their souls into it, vs. the ones that just show up at a studio and read the lyrics.

Top Bottom