• ...and so much more!
  • danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I can see the merit of smaller cars in highly congested areas, I really can. But no family of mine will "rely on the safety" offered by one of those little P.O.S.'s.

If the goal is cheap, utilitarian, safe, no-frills transportation, then I think it's a good idea.

If it has ANYTHING to do with being "green", then I would like to convert an International CXT (or something in that vein) to run on ground-up smart cars and other little go-karts like this one. Now there's an alternative fuel source I can really agree with.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Only a handful of people seem to realize that this car is perfect for where it was intended to be sold, India. They don't have high speed interstates, or autobahns. They don't even have paved roads in most areas. In city, where you find most of the paved roads, top speed might be 30 mph. About the only issue I see for Indians is what happens when, not if you hit a pot-hole. Those tires look like they will get stuck in all the holes that make up the more common roads in India.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    "Unveiled"? Oh come on. That car has been around for YEARS.
    Last time I saw one, it was yellow and 15 clowns got out of it. Shrine Circus. 1998.
    They've been around for a while...
    Just sayin'.

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    It's a step up from some of these.

TAN2246.jpg

ELEPHANT%20AND%20TRAFFIC,JAIPUR%20CITY,RAJASTHAN-INDIA.jpg

delhi-jam.jpg

It could be argued that the last thing they need is more stuff on the roadways. :D

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I can see the merit of smaller cars in highly congested areas, I really can. But no family of mine will "rely on the safety" offered by one of those little P.O.S.'s.

If the goal is cheap, utilitarian, safe, no-frills transportation, then I think it's a good idea.

If it has ANYTHING to do with being "green", then I would like to convert an International CXT (or something in that vein) to run on ground-up smart cars and other little go-karts like this one. Now there's an alternative fuel source I can really agree with.

Did you see your 'competitor' Aston Martin is doing a Smart-car-sized car?
    aston-martin_cygnet_09.jpg

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Well, it looks safer than the moped or electic scooter Cathy keeps wanting to get to go to work and putter around town. Much safer than our bicycles. It would be fine for puttering around C-ville, and doesn't cost a fortune.

And Cathy says it looks cool... she's always had a taste for the unusual :D

zky

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    I've always thought it would be nice to go back a few years when cars were a little simpler....but this is a little ridiculous. Not safe enough to put anyone I love in it.

The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky

Well I for one would love one of these. Parts are prolly cheap, and I'm sure it gets awesome gas mileage (not because its "green" because I'm Cheap) Not to mention its decent transpo New for $2500

30 horse sounds kinda low but hey for toolin around Indy & the north side could be a perfect little grocery getter

(Plus if it breaks down you can call up a buddy and throw it in the back of their truck :D)

NEWMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    Only a handful of people seem to realize that this car is perfect for where it was intended to be sold, India. They don't have high speed interstates, or autobahns. They don't even have paved roads in most areas. In city, where you find most of the paved roads, top speed might be 30 mph. About the only issue I see for Indians is what happens when, not if you hit a pot-hole. Those tires look like they will get stuck in all the holes that make up the more common roads in India.
    :yesway:

Alot of odd people here. DER DER DER DER DER

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom