• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    Depends on where you look. If you plan to buy in quantity...10K or more, do it online and pay the hazmat. Most distributors have some stock. If you plan to buy locally, it is hit or miss. Just be patient, you will find them.

dleeharrison

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Plainfield Shooters Supply has a stock of primers. I was in Gander Mountain last week and they have a supply of primers.

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    I was in Missouri this past week, and checked around for reloading supplies. I found CCI, Federal, et al, primers in brick quanities $32-38. Found plenty of powder, even at Bass Pro (Springfield), at reasonable prices, $18-23/pound. If I had more money I might have stocked up, as it was I just bought some 2400. The point is, supplies are coming back up!

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    I've found CCI primers for 29.99 locally at Traildust and 30-37 at Acme in Seymour, various brands. Atterbury has Remington for $135/5k.

It isn't the $15/1k that I started buying, but it sure beats the $50+ some were wanting during the drought.

clayshooter99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    I still have some CCI small pistol that I sold for 149.00 per case of 5000 and that included tax and freight. The supply has improved a whole lot in just the last week or two. I hope to never see this again, but all it will take is the talk of bad legislation towards guns or ammo.

bgriffith1@indy.rr.com

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I was swapping out my Dillon 550B to .38 SPL today and thought I'd check on my supply of small pistol primers. I have enough for a while. I did notice that one brick of 1,000 Winchester primers had a price tag of $22.00. I bought these a couple of years ago. Can the current going price of $40.00 be justified? I can't believe that it costs the manufacturers nearly twice as much to produce them now. Without those Russian primers on the market, I guess that the price would be maybe triple.

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Maybe it's that invisible tax known as inflation...
    I was swapping out my Dillon 550B to .38 SPL today and thought I'd check on my supply of small pistol primers. I have enough for a while. I did notice that one brick of 1,000 Winchester primers had a price tag of $22.00. I bought these a couple of years ago. Can the current going price of $40.00 be justified? I can't believe that it costs the manufacturers nearly twice as much to produce them now. Without those Russian primers on the market, I guess that the price would be maybe triple.

msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008

It has little to do with mfg cost and a lot to do with supply and demand.

They seem to be slowly coming back down. Lets hope they continue to do so.

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    We've noticed that they are coming around more. During the post election craze we could barely keep them in, but now they are filling the shelves.

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington

$40/1k is a rip-off. I've seen them in stores for $27-$35 lately.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    You can buy them online for $25.00 or less. If you pool buy in a group, and share the hazmat, you can do pretty well. I got 5000 of the 500 CCI's for $109.00 not too long ago. I bought 4 total cases, and sold some to friends. Even with the $30.00 shipping, everyone got a good deal.

Top Bottom