Prime example of why you carry in the vehicle (Video)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • d012

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    Intense situation, surroundings awareness is the key. Keep your eyes moving, the picture will change!

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Anyone notice the accomplice was also armed and made a hasty retreat when confronted by armed victim? I would bet there are burned rubber tracks where he had parked the getaway vehicle. That is the only thing that should have been taken into consideration before walking out and being exposed. I counted five or six shots and a mag change or as stated a top off, may have been appropriate, but that is a training issue that may not have occurred or even been available in his circumstance. Take cover in front of the open car door and wait for 911 response. Otherwise well done!

Yes. That he didn't pie that corner is my main critique (tactical reload would have been good but maybe he only had 1 hi-cap mag--in the pistol), but well done: 1)good reaction, using off-hand to deflect BGs pistol 2)quick draw and good shooting.
    I noticed that he went back to lock the door to his home. I wonder if he distracted and what level his sit.awareness was.

Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    I was thinking that the good guy would have retreated to the front of the vehicle, to provide a bit of cover, in case there was a second BG. I don't know how sound it is to move around the front to the right side of the vehicle (into the parking lot area), increasing his sight down the building corner (by the BG's head, where his buddy ran)...

Uncle Jrod

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2013
    New Haven
    It was a .40 S&W1 :rockwoot:

Nah, I have no idea what caliber it was.

Wouldn't it have to be at most a .380? I thought I once heard that in south America that civilians can't use any caliber larger (or more powerful) than what the military uses. Since the military uses 9mm the most powerful caliber south Americans can use would be .380. It is supposedly the most popular caliber for pistol and 30-30 for rifles. I can't guarantee that is all 100% accurate though.

JasonB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2013
    Pittsboro, IN
    Guy had to be a world class quick draw... Robber swung handgun blindside around A Pillar and the guys was still able to draw safety or now and fire multiple shots in under 2 seconds...

Have to agree... Robbery Gone Right!!!

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    I can only add one post recommended getting behind the car door for cover, that an airsoft would probably penetrate a car door made today. There is a difference in cover, and HARD cover. Drywall, car doors, curtains, etc. will only hide your exact location but do nothing to stop a bullet. In his situation if he wanted hard cover perhaps behind a telephone pole (covers most of him) laying behind a curb (can still return fire from a stable position while mostly covered by something that will deflect or stop a bullet. If you have to use a car for cover, use the engine, it is probably the largest part of the car that will stop or deflect a bullet. Sometimes there is no perfect solution, but if you can decrease your odds of getting shot in a vital you increase your chance of survival. If you are young and able, retreating in the opposite direction while zig zagging a bit reduces the chance one can hit you if they fire on you. Advice you can share with your non CCW friends who have fewer options.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I can only add one post recommended getting behind the car door for cover, that an airsoft would probably penetrate a car door made today. There is a difference in cover, and HARD cover. Drywall, car doors, curtains, etc. will only hide your exact location but do nothing to stop a bullet. In his situation if he wanted hard cover perhaps behind a telephone pole (covers most of him) laying behind a curb (can still return fire from a stable position while mostly covered by something that will deflect or stop a bullet. If you have to use a car for cover, use the engine, it is probably the largest part of the car that will stop or deflect a bullet. Sometimes there is no perfect solution, but if you can decrease your odds of getting shot in a vital you increase your chance of survival. If you are young and able, retreating in the opposite direction while zig zagging a bit reduces the chance one can hit you if they fire on you. Advice you can share with your non CCW friends who have fewer options.

You're kidding us right, did you just say a CURB?:n00b:

A curb provides no protection, none, nada, not a bit and it puts you a adverse position to not only defend yourself, but go on the offensive if you have to.

You retreat to the best position to provide cover, and a curb is not it.

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    You're kidding us right, did you just say a CURB?:n00b:

A curb provides no protection, none, nada, not a bit and it puts you a adverse position to not only defend yourself, but go on the offensive if you have to.

You retreat to the best position to provide cover, and a curb is not it.

I think he may be referring to (and probably watched) a video that was posted here a while ago...

Not that I'm agreeing with it in it's entirety, but it was basically saying to use a tall curb that you'd lay down behind as a way to lessen your chances of being hit
    in the event that you have no other hard objects to take cover. Video was saying that shooting at a flat(ish) object makes you a harder target than standing straight up.

Whatever... I tried to find the video but had no luck. Makes sense... but you're right, a curb is not exactly what I hope to take cover behind when I'm being shot at. :):

Top Bottom