• ...and so much more!
  • SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw

Nearly twenty years ago, in the fall of 2004, ABC News ran a 20/20 segment, co-produced by the journalist Stephen Jimenez, positing that the attack on Shepard was motivated not by hatred of homosexuals but by drugs and money. That argument was fleshed out in Jimenez’s 2013 The Book of Matt: The Real Story of the Murder of Matthew Shepard, which reveals that Matthew Shepard had been dealing meth and was killed by a rival dealer who wanted to rob Shepard to pay his debts. His murderer, Aaron McKinney, is currently serving a life sentence, as is McKinney’s accomplice, Russell Henderson. (As Jimenez explains, Henderson was pressured into accepting a plea deal, despite his not having laid any blows on Shepard, in part because the county had enough money only for one trial.)

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

Nearly twenty years ago, in the fall of 2004, ABC News ran a 20/20 segment, co-produced by the journalist Stephen Jimenez, positing that the attack on Shepard was motivated not by hatred of homosexuals but by drugs and money. That argument was fleshed out in Jimenez’s 2013 The Book of Matt: The Real Story of the Murder of Matthew Shepard, which reveals that Matthew Shepard had been dealing meth and was killed by a rival dealer who wanted to rob Shepard to pay his debts. His murderer, Aaron McKinney, is currently serving a life sentence, as is McKinney’s accomplice, Russell Henderson. (As Jimenez explains, Henderson was pressured into accepting a plea deal, despite his not having laid any blows on Shepard, in part because the county had enough money only for one trial.)

It's about narrative, not truth.

pjlukey

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 27, 2024
    Bloomington
    When I consider pride as it relates to my own sexuality, I don't find much personally to boast about. Of course I'm grateful for my 37 year marriage to a wonderful, beautiful godly woman, but 1st Corinthians 1:31 reminds me "LET THE ONE WHO BOASTS, BOAST IN THE LORD".

If I were forced to speak about my pride, I would have to say I've been proud to do my duty as a husband, father and servicemen. As men, we also have a duty to protect our families and our country.

May God in heaven grant us the wisdom, discipline and courage to bear our arms in a legal, patriotic, reasonable, accurate and deadly manner.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    When I consider pride as it relates to my own sexuality, I don't find much personally to boast about. Of course I'm grateful for my 37 year marriage to a wonderful, beautiful godly woman, but 1st Corinthians 1:31 reminds me "LET THE ONE WHO BOASTS, BOAST IN THE LORD".

If I were forced to speak about my pride, I would have to say I've been proud to do my duty as a husband, father and servicemen. As men, we also have a duty to protect our families and our country.

May God in heaven grant us the wisdom, discipline and courage to bear our arms in a legal, patriotic, reasonable, accurate and deadly manner.
    Well said!
    90milesa0db306b3dac8029919a3d1c8fdf7e66_05c294ab_500.jpg

Top Bottom