• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    The only reason I like to go to the 1500 is the chance at a great deal or I am looking for something special. Do you think it is worth a 2hr drive to look at things that have tripled in price in the last month. I'm sure it will be a 2hr wait in line to get in. I love to go to the 1500, but I find myself not excited this time. What is the best day to go that the line wont be as long?

The usual best bet for this is at 2:45 pm on Friday. However, this is not a usual 1500.

jooky52198

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Going to look for some basic things. But if you are looking for an AR or anything else of that nature. Good luck, those will be gone immediately, if any shop even has those left to bring to the show. There will also be a run on 9 mm compacts

jooky52198

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    Indianapolis
    If your into reloading it could be a decent chance to get out and see whats there. If anything it will be a good time to BS about Obama and the mess he has made, while maybe seeing some people trade in things

gunfan72

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    I have a numbers matching yugo m59/66 I'll be bringing. What should I ask for it these days? When I consider I spent more than I wanted to on the rifle and all the time getting cosmolone off. Won't sell it for what I have invested ( time + money) its worth more to me to just keep. What's everyone think are sks's hot these days? Iam not trying to sell rifle in this thread just looking for suggestions on asking price when I go the the 1500. Thanks

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I always wonder why people go to the 1500 "looking for a deal"

There are hardly ever any "deals" to be found, let along during a gun buying craze.

pwoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I always wonder why people go to the 1500 "looking for a deal"

There are hardly ever any "deals" to be found, let along during a gun buying craze.

I agree. I think in the past like 10 years ago there were deals but the last time I left with a bad attitude because of the fee I payed at the door to basically look at over priced junk.

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    I think it is always worth going for the 'entertainment' value. I always find/see something interesting. For example, at the last one I walked in in front of some 'gangstas' yelling 'Wher dem g-locks at?'

Warsaw214

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Warsaw
    I believe the show will be worth it for those trying to find rare opportunity purchases, but not for those seeking deals as there isn't any inventory glut, like past years. Even more so after the holiday and preban hi cap mag panic buys of the last month

Last edited:

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I have a numbers matching yugo m59/66 I'll be bringing. What should I ask for it these days? When I consider I spent more than I wanted to on the rifle and all the time getting cosmolone off. Won't sell it for what I have invested ( time + money) its worth more to me to just keep. What's everyone think are sks's hot these days? Iam not trying to sell rifle in this thread just looking for suggestions on asking price when I go the the 1500. Thanks

I just bought one unissued for two hundred, cleaned it, blasted three hundred rounds through it, and sold it for three hundred. I threw all the extras it had in the trash.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I would like to go to a 1500 some time but I think I will sit this one out. I need some reloading stuff but am scared off by the thought of big crowds and overpriced shot out junk.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I have always hoped that the gun industry, and gun people in general, would be above this sort of thing. I guess I am wrong.

I have seen more hoarding, over pricing, and plain outright ripping buyers off in the last month and a half than I want to see for the rest of my life. I am fooling myself to think that the gun industry, and gun people, are really any different than any other product that is facing a partial extinction. Sad.

jeager361

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I am planning on heading down early on Saturday morning. We will see....

My main goal is see if I can find a nice lever action rifle. I am not holding my breathe on being able to find all of the upper parts I need for my AR build. At least not at a normal price that I would pay.

Top Bottom