• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I know we all hate boma, but what's his mother's motive? This in 1961. What unmarried white mother of an black man's child thinks she needs to get something in the newspaper to settle the question of her kid's citizenship 49 years later when a black man gets elected President?

In 1961, nobody ever thought that a black man would be President, much less a mixed-race black man from Hawaii.

I don't hate him, I may hate some of his policies.

And you believe she wasn't married? Personally I think that line of speculation is BS and is grasping for straws to find a "good" explanation of why he won't release his long form birth certificate.

And who ever said they put it in the paper because they thought he was going to be President? They put it in the paper to announce it would be my guess. Same as just about everyone does. If my wife and I were on vacation and had a baby, I'd announce it in our home area also. Why would I put an announcement in a paper in another state/country where I don't live?

rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    I have only met one person that admits voting for Obama. And, he now admits that it was a huge mistake. Maybe I just hang out in the "wrong places"

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    I don't hate Osama bin Biden. I detest his policies and his anti-American underbelly. He dreams of an America that doesn't (yet) exist. He has the (waning) power to see it so. I have no feelings for him personally one way or the other.

His mother's motive was that she was a skank. Read his book. I think it's the one where he talks about smoking cocaine.

AS much as I wish this man was not our President, he is. It sounds just as goofy to say he isn't qualified as when leftistas claimed Bush stole the election. Just like with Bush, SCOTUS has spoken. Quoting the Annointed One himself (sans teleprompter), "Like it or not" ... The decisions been made.

Seriously, it's time to accept that we did not get the results we like, and move on.

I know we all hate boma, but what's his mother's motive? This in 1961. What unmarried white mother of an black man's child thinks she needs to get something in the newspaper to settle the question of her kid's citizenship 49 years later when a black man gets elected President?

In 1961, nobody ever thought that a black man would be President, much less a mixed-race black man from Hawaii.

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    I have only met one person that admits voting for Obama. And, he now admits that it was a huge mistake. Maybe I just hang out in the "wrong places"

You can make that two. I also regret it now, but hindsight is 20/20. I hope to be better informed next time. It's not a justification, but my reasoning was Palin. She is great as a speaker in her current role, but the thought of her as president scared me. I assumed BHO would be another Clinton (except 1 term...normal yes man dem. who wouldn't shake up too much and that congress would keep in check for the most part.)

Have to own up to the mistake and try not to make it again.

[/theadjack]

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    "Courtesy of the State of Illinois".

Did you ask for it when he was in office? Was it produced while he was in office? When was it posted, after his demise? Is this from his library?

No one asked for his (or most anyone else's) birth certificate because no one doubted that they were born here, as Americans. By the same token, no one asked for Jimmy Carter's or Bill Clinton's birth certificate, even though their detriment to freedom and our nation is beyond question.

Conversely, John McCain was born in Panama, to two US citizens, on a US Military base (which counts as US soil and thus, is a natural-born US citizen), but when the question arose, his certificate was made available without hesitation. There's not much to recommend McCain, but I have to give him credit for quashing that doubt on the first request.

This is not about him having something (or nothing) to hide. That's the wrong way around, IMHO. As the current occupant of the office, if he does not want to have his legitimacy questioned, he needs to do what's necessary to prove his eligibility. Until that happens, I'll not consider the bastard to be entitled to the appellation "President".

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    yup. The thing for me isn't even BO's birth cert.

His mother and step-father gave up his citizenship when he went to Indonesia. He would have do to go through the naturalization process to become a citizen and would be ineligible to be POTUS.

This is why so many people want to see his school records.

Since he did not personally renounce US citizenship as a child (because of his age), would he have had to be naturalized or is there some process for simply reclaiming a citizenship previously held and abdicated by another on one's behalf?

(I really don't know, so if someone else does, please share. Cites are also appreciated! Thanks!)

Blessings,
    Bill

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    My understanding is that there is no legal requirement to prove you are a natural born citizen, just a requirement that you be one.

A copy of a birth certificate or "certificate of live birth" issued from the state in which you were born is accepted as proof for anything else you want to do. When I joined the Army, I was required to prove my citizenship. I did so with a copy of my birth certificate, titled "Certificate of Live Birth" which was a negative copy printed by the State of Oklahoma. I have successfully used this document for every purpose for which a birth certificate has been required.

Now, since I don't think Obama had any legal requirement to produce documentation, but he has anyway, I think it's hard to say he's not legally eligible.

That said, I am suspicious of why he hasn't gone the extra mile and requested that HI release the full documentation they hold regarding his birth. Personally, I think there's good circumstantial evidence to suggest that he was born somewhere else and was declared later to have been born here.

Even if that is correct, the only mechanism I can see to call that into question is Congress. I don't see how they can legally demand that Obama provide anything more than he has. The only way I can see that he could be challenged is through an impeachment trial in which evidence would be presented that he was not natural born, and that could be countered by other evidence, like the original certificate.

He IS the president, regardless of where he was born, because he was elected and sworn in. There's no nullification mechanism in the Constitution, just a removal mechanism.

In other words, I think this is a dry hole, regardless of where he was born, unless someone finds some irrefutable evidence.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Since he did not personally renounce US citizenship as a child (because of his age), would he have had to be naturalized or is there some process for simply reclaiming a citizenship previously held and abdicated by another on one's behalf?

(I really don't know, so if someone else does, please share. Cites are also appreciated! Thanks!)

Blessings,
    Bill

that's what Philip Berg, the Dem who's case is at the Supreme Court said.

YouTube - The October Surprise?Suit To Remove Barack Obama From The Ballot. Barack Obama Is A Citizen Of ?

this is the video that kind of started it all.

After watching, you may be curious too...

Rich.Carpenter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Fishers
    I saw this story some time back. There *are* some discrepancies. I don't know the particulars, but they have something to do with Hawaii's requirements for a birth certificate to be considered legally valid and something about Obama's certificate being a Hawaii Dept. of Health reproduction (with the original lost/destroyed in a fire or something).

There was also some point made about the fact that, while Obama was born a day later, his certificate had an earlier sequential code than that of another woman born the day before in the same hospital.

Several points about the whole thing, while not particularly damning on their own, start to smell a bit fishy when considered in the same light. However, as others mentioned, we get absolutely zero coverage of this story from the mainstream media, while the nation was focused (strangely almost whether we wanted to or not) on things like the separation and divorce of Kate whats-her-name with her eight kids and whether or not high-paid executives make too much money.

That's the liberal agenda for you, though - the more superficial and shallow the country is, the better for them.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    A copy of a birth certificate or "certificate of live birth" issued from the state in which you were born is accepted as proof for anything else you want to do.

Not really, Hawaii didn't accept it for some programs until all this came out.

Hawaii upgrades 'certification of live birth'

This point is, Certification of Live Birth is not a Birth Certificate. Obama's sister Maya was born in Jakarta, Indonesia, but Anna Dunham registered her as "born in Honolulu" shortly after her birth. Maya has a State of Hawaii Certification of Live Birth, just like Obama -- proves nothing.

I don't really consider myself a "birther", but there are just too many questions unanswered.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I don't really consider myself a "birther", but there are just too many questions unanswered.

I agree, I just don't see how anything has been provably violated legally. As far as I can tell, he doesn't even have a legal obligation to produce a birth certificate.

Also, I looked it up, and the way I read it, a parent cannot renounce the citizenship of a minor child, so the Indonesia argument on the video seems moot.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

Blessings,
    Bill

He would simply have to move here with the intent to retain his US citizenship upon reaching majority age.
    FindLaw | Cases and Codes

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    John McCain was born in Panama .

No, he was born in the Panama Canal Zone, an unincorporated U.S, territory at the time. By law, anyone born after February 26, 1904 in the PCZ to at least one U.S. citizen parent is a natural born citizen.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I agree, I just don't see how anything has been provably violated legally. As far as I can tell, he doesn't even have a legal obligation to produce a birth certificate.

Article II, Section I

"No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States."

Also, I looked it up, and the way I read it, a parent cannot renounce the citizenship of a minor child, so the Indonesia argument on the video seems moot.

That is true currently... not back then. The citizenship laws of the time apply, not the current. That's covered in Berg's case.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Article II, Section I

"No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States."

We know, but he said provably. If Congress does not tackle it, there is just no other Constitutional recourse.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    saw on Fox this morning that one of the Justices (Thomas I think) said they were evading Obama's case. Thought thought that was kind of interesting.

Top Bottom