• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is precise and to the point. Everything he touch's on, on point. Just the muscle memory issue is something I preach to the point that people get irritated. If you carry it, practice with it.

He has convinced me to sell the dvd and Ipod attachments on my M-4

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    The courts have already rules that government has no obligation to protect the individual, and the police have already acknowledged that they cannot protect everyone. This country has on multiple occasions, experienced both civil unrest and criminal actions, by even those charged with enforcement of the law.

Does it necessarily mean that there will be a full blown internal onslaught upon the civilian population? No, though it doesn't rule it out either. Better to be prepared and don't need something, that need something and not be prepared.

Handguns are used to get to one's long arms. They are a backup for a lack of a long arm. The only places I would even consider using one as a primary weapon, is while crawling around on my belly in a dark and tight tunnel.

Training is incredibly important with this caveat: Practice doesn't make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect. It doesn't do any good to keep repeating a mistake. Have a knowledgeable person spot your technique and point out your flaws, in order for you to correct your technique.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I feel a bit different about a pistol but we all know what we are capable of with the pieces we carry. Pistol will usually not kill a car unless you can do the radiator and that is not an immediate means of disabling it. It will penetrate walls unless the are brick or something similar. A pistol will keep heads down and you can effectively engage non-military targets at some range if you are practiced in this and we are. You can do serious damage with a sidearm.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    This guy is right...if you are preparing for SHTF then owning guns and knowing how to use them in a battle is what you have to do...if you are just prepping for a natural disaster like a blizzard then you should be ok. I have heard so many people say "yea I own a gun, but I do not know if I could shoot someone". What a oxymoron statement.

fangz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    North Side
    I thought war was going to be a picnic?!? This is very disturbing... </sarcasm>

This guy is right, I don't believe were heading to SHTF but I'm ready for it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    I guess this poster needs to be with that video! My picture did not show up...how do you post a picture.

Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've been prepping for some time now, but this video has made me rethink things. I think I've been overly focused on handgun skill at the cost of skill with long arms. My son's and I have fired an average of 5k to 10k rounds of pistol ammunition a year, yet have probably fired less than 700 rounds of .223 or 7.62x39 last year. I've been thinking more along the lines of a massive increase in crime and less about a complete breakdown of law and order, but if you look at the times we live in, we may very well see what the author of the video is predicting. I need to stop collecting for fun and start focusing on building skill with what I have. I think it's time to sell some guns and buy some training.

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Here is another point I haven't seen brought up, think of his scenario of what may happen, now think of it while you are trying to bring along and protect some minor children.
    This is something even a combat vet does not have to do.

Top Bottom