• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    I need to get the details from my dad, but there is a place in northern IN that sells BULK seeds for cheap. You can get a pound of seeds for the price of 1 or 2 packs that you buy at the store.

If your interested I can get and send those details to you. Would be a cheaper way to make your own seed vaults ;).

Are they heirloom/non GMO?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    I think it was Walt I met at the 1500. Nice guy and good inventory. Nice to have a prep store in Indy, I plan to patronize the store.
    They are the ones who told me about this site...great hardworking knowledgeable people. Their store inventory maybe thin...but they can most likely get anything you want.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    Sounds Great, I am excited to start the meetings. Remember to bring ideas, a desire to learn and a chair. There is an open invitation for anyone to come and I want to incourage everyone to share their knowledge and experience. First Thursday of every month starting Sept 6. We are also having beginning prepping class Sept 11 and Go Bags on Sept 18 - all start at 6pm and end when were done.

Will be there...I am bring some freeze dried food for all to try.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    I wondered why we didn't see you. No, we were acrost from the North wall behind the concession stand. Bad location. We didn't do well. I'm hoping we connected with allot of people. I feel as though we did.
    Walt

Archer46176

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    South East of Indy
    Tactical Dave, I think the table you were talkng about was Blind Horse. I saw their vehicle in the lot and I think theh had a buncb of tbe orange survival stuff that Dave Canterbury guy uses in his youthbe videos. I saw a couple of wkmen at thejr tables early Sundah but they were tol busy flirting with other vendors tk stay at the table. Ole Dave Canterbury never jmpressed me and neither did these ladies...

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Well I spent the better part of the day looking so it must have been a REALLY bad spot haha. I saw the ladies you were talking about... They were allways at the next table over. It was a pretty good show really.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Count me out for the 6th, have to work late shift. Should be there the other two (unless inget yung up but doubt that) for September. The small bag will be done by then and will be able to show off.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    You will be missed but I definately understand how things come up. Hope to see you soon. I will be in the shop most of Saturday and all of Sunday.
    Walt

Work saturda I am off Sunday but will be busy all day because I work Monday (tripple time) theb next days off are next weekend.... So I am off this Sunday then work till the next weekend. I'll be in sooner then later.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    Just as a reminder, Preppers meeting is this Thursday. It starts at 6:00 and goes until.... well I don't know. Everybody remember to bring your chairs, ideas and an open mind to learn from each other. If anyone has anything they would like to demonstrate or share let me know. I will be sharing a way to make sealed long term storage containers all affordably from the hardware store. Hope others are as excited as me. Hope to see you all there.
    Walt

indysafe317

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Indy South Side
    Just as a reminder, Preppers meeting is this Thursday. It starts at 6:00 and goes until.... well I don't know. Everybody remember to bring your chairs, ideas and an open mind to learn from each other. If anyone has anything they would like to demonstrate or share let me know. I will be sharing a way to make sealed long term storage containers all affordably from the hardware store. Hope others are as excited as me. Hope to see you all there.
    Walt
    We've got 10-12 coming from our group. I believe a few have already been in. They said good things in our Meetup forum. See you there

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    Walt
    I would just like a few minuets to let everyone know about the food I am bringing...maybe 2 or 3 minuets...Tresia

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    We've got 10-12 coming from our group. I believe a few have already been in. They said good things in our Meetup forum. See you there

Signed up for your group today. Trying to make the time to get there and meet everyone. I'm a CPR/AED/First aid/care for children instructor. I might bring a first aid/ EDC bag to show.

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    Nice turnout for the first time I think :twocents:

Was able to put a few faces with some screen names, I like that !

And we had some nice snacks from Survivalcookie :rockwoot: and ideas from most. Thanks

Look forward to the next meet

And ISD has some nice stuff coming in for such matters

Thanks ISD

And the coffee wasnt bad either

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    I want to thank everyone who came to the meeting tonight. I think we all left knowing a little more than we came with and it was a lot of fun to. Looks like The first Thursday in October is the 4th. See you there.
    Walt

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    AAR: Indiana Self Defense first meeting

I'll second TR1's review. Nice initial meeting. Indiana Self Defense (ISD) had a short talk about his shop and how his family has been into prepping for a good while now. Then he did a demo on how to make a cache tube.

Afterwards, it was basically an open discussion with people sharing ideas and potential resources. I was glad to see things kept on an even keel and not dive off into conspiracies and politics. Those topics have their place, but I like how this meeting really focused on learning about practical prepping.

Met Craig who is a firearms instructor for the police somewhere in the Indy area. He had heard about this meeting from a prepper forum and hadn't even heard of INGO, so I gave him a short sales pitch and he may be showing up here.

I think it went very well for the first meeting and I hope future ones will have as good participation and discussions. Looking forward to coming back. Much like the inventory, I can see these meetings growing over time and becoming even more valuable. :yesway:

Edit: Oh, and the puppy was quite adorable and makes a great store mascot.

Last edited:

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    I want to thank everyone who came to the meeting tonight. I think we all left knowing a little more than we came with and it was a lot of fun to. Looks like The first Thursday in October is the 4th. See you there.
    Walt

Hopefully I can attend this meeting, Im on 2nd shift but will be on day shift that week. Ill miss my morning bowhunts, maybe this will make up for it !!!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom