• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    MK12 looks good! My good buddy has one and it's way too easy to fall in love with them! Im excited to see it with glass and a can. What are you planning on going with there? Cloning it up, or going another route?

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    MK12 looks good! My good buddy has one and it's way too easy to fall in love with them! Im excited to see it with glass and a can. What are you planning on going with there? Cloning it up, or going another route?

Leaning more to Nightforce over the Luepold at this point. The can will be the AEM5, from Allen Engineering.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Leaning more to Nightforce over the Luepold at this point. The can will be the AEM5, from Allen Engineering.

Well all I can say is that we both have good tastes! I'd go with a Nightforce over Luepold if it were me too. And that's sweet you are going Allen Engineering for the can! That's going to one amazing rifle when it's done!

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Remington 700 AAC in 308, Timney 510 and Badger knob, H&S M24 stock, Eagle / BALS pouch, Harris S 6-9, AAC SDN-6, US Optics SN3 3.8X22x56mm with EREK and Ergo, Accuracy First level, Badger 35MM rings & Badger 20 MOA base.

Swapped out the HS stock for an Accuracy International AICS 1.5, and added a Atlas PSR BT47-NC bipod

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    very nice looking rifle Traddrator. I need a 308, I have a 223 Savage mdl 11BTH that I truly love to shoot but a 308 would make me feel like I had things covered well. I have always been a fan of thumbhole stocks for this sort of rifle too. I guess if and when I get things sorted out and sell the long guns I don't use much I will take the plunge and do something like this one, very nice stock.:yesway:

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    My buddy put this rig together. After shooting it, I bugged him about wanting it until he wore down enough to trade it to me.

Remington 700 Police LTR,
    Badger Ordnance- rings, 20 MOA base, bolt knob, and M5 bottom metal / detachable mag system.
    Leupold MK4 ER/T FFP 4.5X15X50MM
    Harris with TS Talons and S Lever

5 round group of factory loaded Hornady A-Max 168gr, at 100 meters

wulfensteinster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 16, 2012
    Plainfield
    I've seen some amazing long guns in here. I'm in love with the Remington 700 sps tactical. However, given the choice, would you get the Remington or the Ruger Precision rifle?

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    The aftermarket stuff is readily available for the Remington. I guess it depends on what you are ultimately going to with the rifle. The Ruger looks more tactical.

wulfensteinster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 16, 2012
    Plainfield
    The aftermarket stuff is readily available for the Remington. I guess it depends on what you are ultimately going to with the rifle. The Ruger looks more tactical.
    Just want something capable of 500-1000 yards and one day get good enough to use it. :D The remington 700 is cheaper but the ruger precision is a 1600 yard gun out of the box! (no mods or upgrades) No way I could take advantage of that potential though in indiana. longest range ive seen is 1000yds

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    My buddy put this rig together. After shooting it, I bugged him about wanting it until he wore down enough to trade it to me.

Remington 700 Police LTR,
    Badger Ordnance- rings, 20 MOA base, bolt knob, and M5 bottom metal / detachable mag system.
    Leupold MK4 ER/T FFP 4.5X15X50MM
    Harris with TS Talons and S Lever

5 round group of factory loaded Hornady A-Max 168gr, at 100 meters

That's very impressive, considering that none of the upgrades are really any form of "accurizing." Stock trigger, stock action, stock barrel. Dang, very impressive.

I may need to revisit my severe anti-Remington bias.

dhamby

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Crawfordsville area
    Good looking rig! what kind of groups you seeing with it and how do you like that scope?

Generally shoots .3-.4's. It's been an excellent rifle I must say. Started shooting the 142 SMK's but got some 140 ELDM to try and been getting good results with them. The scope is phenomenal! I've had the chance to compare it to the old Gen 1 Razor I had and the Gen 2 as well as Burris XTR2, and Bushnell HDMR. I'd say the only thing close to it is the gen 2 but the illumination is much better in the Cronus. It is daylight bright and absolutely no bleedover or blowout at all. It does not have locking turrets but does have a solid zero stop.

HHollow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    Sudanese contract AR10 made under license in the Netherlands in 1958.
    The sniper versions of the original AR10 had a specially milled carry handle
    for mounting a scope. The Dutch scope was pretty high tech for its time
    and included bullet drop compensation. The rifle weighs less than 7 lbs
    sans scope and mag.

11kuwqd.jpg

Attachments

• 11kuwqd.jpg
      11kuwqd.jpg
      54.2 KB · Views: 4

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Sudanese contract AR10 made under license in the Netherlands in 1958.
    The sniper versions of the original AR10 had a specially milled carry handle
    for mounting a scope. The Dutch scope was pretty high tech for its time
    and included bullet drop compensation. The rifle weighs less than 7 lbs
    sans scope and mag.

11kuwqd.jpg

Im not normally an "old rifle" guy unless its a sharps, or external adjust scope, but thats pretty cool

Top Bottom