• ...and so much more!
  • Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    He has a new GI doctor- the previous one ghosted him. So the reset is in process.
    Good luck to your son, I know my friend went through about the same with moving to WV and then after doing a few months in jail. He was given no food options.
    If you get time, drive and sit on the beach on the Delaware River or Bay for a few hours. Its good for the soul.
    Thanks.

drumsscott

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Carmel
    There are some sincerely good prayer warriors here, so I need help.

I will be heading to the People's Republic of Maryland soon. Our oldest's ulcerative colitis is trying hard to kill him, and I'm going to care for and hug him. His loyal sister has been doing all that so far, and deserves a break.

SWMBO is also struggling with Ehlers-Danlos, frequent muscle cramps, trouble sleeping, and rafts of doctors who haven't helped.

Prayers appreciated at this critical time in all our lives, for health restoration and safe travels.
    Prayers are being made…Iron sharpens Iron

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Good luck to your son, I know my friend went through about the same with moving to WV and then after doing a few months in jail. He was given no food options.
    If you get time, drive and sit on the beach on the Delaware River or Bay for a few hours. Its good for the soul.
    Thanks.
    We went to the local park yesterday afternoon, sat in the shade, and I read to him from Unfinished Tales

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Maryland update:
    TL/DR: New perspectives and experiences

I arrived safely back home last evening. Our oldest is now in the capable hands of our youngest, who is steady, thorough and unflappable.

When I arrived Sunday night, things looked grim. Much blood , much pain, no food staying down, continued weight loss, hardly any sleep. The physical and mental toll was almost too much for him. Monday wasn't any better. These were the lowest of times - medical system grinding exceedingly slowly. No apparent hope there. Everything focused on just staying alive. No strength to do anything for himself. Days slightly better than nights, which were pure agony.

Tuesday at least didn't get any worse. Sleeping when possible, screaming in pain at other times. We went to the local park in the afternoon, sat in the shade, lit some incense, and I read to him from Unfinished Tales. He walked in the woods a few steps. Another difficult night.

Slight improvement Wednesday. Food stayed down mostly, as long as it was very simple and plain. GI doctor's office finally called, and J, in his usual otter fashion, made an ally of the contact person, and impressed on her the seriousness of the situation. This paid off handsomely on Thursday. His local adopted family members showed up and encouraged him, including making him eggs and toast. He so loved that, and it stayed down! He started to smile again and looked more human. Less blood, less screaming, better sleep. An improvement. Youngest son arrived in the evening and learned the effective hot pad-cold pack-back rub responses. He's ready to take over.

Thursday even better. Birdie-in-the-nest and fruit stayed down and he is smiling more. His medical ally called and said his first infusion was scheduled for next week - we though it might take a month to get scheduled. This will be a great aid to healing. Weight still an issue, but everything else improving.

The oldest has his theories about how his improvement arrived. I also have mine - your prayers. Thank you all. Your prayers were answered. Sometimes it's no, and sometimes it's wait. This time it was yes, and quite literally saved his life, as he said so himself.

And no, it wasn't something big and heroic I did. That's for people like Marvin McNew - a friend whose wife has had MS for many years. He's my son - how could I do any less? We have a quote from Rabindranath Tagore in our kids' room - "I do not love him because he is good. I love him because he is my little child." Not so little any more, but still my child. I have absolutely nothing better to do than help him get better.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Maryland update:
    Oldest son has been in the hospital for about a week as they try to stabilize his gut and get him ready for the new medicine. Still losing weight and tired of waiting for effective treatment. Youngest son and oldest daughter caring for his animals and property and visiting him to improve morale.

Today he starts his first infusion treatment - maybe some hope at last! Keep the prayers coming!

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    You are in my prayers. I have dealt with UC for 17 years. Many ups and downs. Support from family has always helped me make it on the other side when I have been ill. A bright side is there are many new drugs out to treat it than 17 years ago. If one doesn't work, there are others available.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Maryland update:
    Oldest son has been in the hospital for about a week as they try to stabilize his gut and get him ready for the new medicine. Still losing weight and tired of waiting for effective treatment. Youngest son and oldest daughter caring for his animals and property and visiting him to improve morale.

Today he starts his first infusion treatment - maybe some hope at last! Keep the prayers coming!

I missed the first round, but now I'm on it. Prayers sent and best of luck to all y'all.

gpasp101

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    S. E. In.
    Maryland update:

Our middle daughter has been on remicade infusions for years, they seem to work the best but insurance is always trying to cut costs and often they make her try other treatments, constant battles with having to take steroids annually and the long list of potential side effects is scary. Our faith in God and Family has helped us through the difficult times and we Pray that God gives you,your family and your son comfort now.. Praying for all involved, Family and medical professionals. Peace and Love to you and yours

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Maryland update:
    Oldest is out of the hospital and back at his house. Entyvio treatments ongoing. Much less bleeding and pain, but still slow progress. I will be going back next week to help with recovery. Thank you for your prayers.
    Swing by Chaps in Baltimore going in or out and get a rare sliced beef sammich. Unless you go to the beach and get a sammich and fries at Bull on the Beach.

Top Bottom