• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    yeah, but you had "subskills" already. Im talking about teaching people who have nothing yet. I guess, if one had the right trainer it would be possible. Im just not that guy and I will admit it. My level of patience isnt the best in the world anymore. not that I would get all crazy on people, I would just go nuts internally after repeating myself a dozen times, lol. just being honest. It would be no fault of the participants. but I would like to come.

LOL
    I used to be that way. Especially in my 20's, doubly so when I was a Corporal...
    There are some who would say I was quite the hateful Corporal there for a while also...

Now not so much I guess either I have learned Patience or I have just calmed down somewhere along the way. The only problem I have teaching are the know it all guys who actually know nothing. Get me right fired up and I tend to do mean things like making them navigate near large briar patches or near really swampy ground...

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    yeah, but you had "subskills" already. Im talking about teaching people who have nothing yet. I guess, if one had the right trainer it would be possible. Im just not that guy and I will admit it. My level of patience isnt the best in the world anymore. not that I would get all crazy on people, I would just go nuts internally after repeating myself a dozen times, lol. just being honest. It would be no fault of the participants. but I would like to come.

I mostly teach advanced technical rescue because that is what interests me the most, and while I CAN be patient with novices, it wears on me inside big time.

It's good that you know that about yourself though. Teaching, especially adult learners, is a skill unto itself and only one of the smaller requirements is knowing the subject matter well!

I've held off offering to assist with the class either from the land standpoint or as an instructor standpoint because my weekends are generally packed, but I think you guys are doing a great thing getting it together.

Last edited:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Get me right fired up and I tend to do mean things like making them navigate near large briar patches or near really swampy ground...

*laughing*

The first time my GF ever ran an orienteering course with me she complained that I just bulled right through the briars. I was complaining that I'd forgotten my gloves for bulling through the briars :D

We placed second and it was her first time ever on a course.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I guess you'll do in a pinch...
    LOL!

You Probably used to chase us around Range Road too! I remember when they upgraded to Post MP's to the Dodge pickups. used to run them up Cow house until they would get stuck chasing us.

GaaryOwen! :rockwoot:
    I did little LE stuff at Hood, that got relegated to the TwoEightyWorst guys over at 2nd Armor. Which suited me just fine. I liked spending my time out in the back yard with the BDE. The BSMG loved us and always had good missions for us. We rolled with the Scouts a lot and supported the FO's during inserts and regress. I mean, come on....who wouldn't want to have a squad of MP's with two MK19's, an M2, 9 side arms, 9 rifles and 3 203's backing them up?
    I also spent quite a bit of my garrison time up at the Call for Fire simulator after getting lucky enough to slide into a cert class to run the machines, so I got to work with the FO's a lot.

Top Bottom