• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I hear it coming this way. All I know is the satellite better not go whacky when Scandal comes on!

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    We had some massive wind gusts about 15 minutes ago. Figure there are many trees down as I heard a lot of bangs outside. Am amazed that we still have power considering how gusty it was. Only lasted a few minutes, but one gust is more than enough to ruin your day if you run out of luck.

Hope you get your power back soon Doc.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Times like these I am glad that neither me, nor my neighbors on either side of me have any trees. The ones across the street were swaying like mad when those gusts came through. No tornado sirens here, but at this point all I hear is sirens from emergency vehicles. They seem to be pretty constant. Fortunately we still have power.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    We're in the dark just south of Cumberland.
    i just pulled the porch rockers out of the front yard. The wind was crazy for 15 minutes or so, but it's now very calm.
    No need for the genny with the temps today. Time for bed.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just curious how you could tell...wet ceiling?

Not too bad here. Wind blew hard for about a minute, a little rain, but satellite didn't even pixelate and lights didn't even blink.

About an hour into the serious rain/winds I saw a few drops from the trim by the fire place. It is still dripping. I think the wind lifted the shingle around the fire place flu. Will look 1st light tomorrow.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    About an hour into the serious rain/winds I saw a few drops from the trim by the fire place. It is still dripping. I think the wind lifted the shingle around the fire place flu. Will look 1st light tomorrow.

Dang...It may be just the wind blowing it up under the flashing.

We used to live in a Cap Cod style house, with a story and a half with 2 dormers in the front of the roof. One day it rained as hard as I'd ever seen it (but not much wind). We had some we spots on the downstairs ceiling that just corresponded to the locations of the walls of the dormers above. I climbed up there and couldn't find anything wrong and it never did it again--even with storms with a lot more wind. Maybe you'll be just as "lucky".

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Dang...It may be just the wind blowing it up under the flashing.

We used to live in a Cap Cod style house, with a story and a half with 2 dormers in the front of the roof. One day it rained as hard as I'd ever seen it (but not much wind). We had some we spots on the downstairs ceiling that just corresponded to the locations of the walls of the dormers above. I climbed up there and couldn't find anything wrong and it never did it again--even with storms with a lot more wind. Maybe you'll be just as "lucky".

If luck has anything to do with it.....not a chance.
    Roof is near done anyway. Was looking at re-roof this spring. Might happen a bit sooner. Like next weekend...:):

Top Bottom