• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I don't discuss my current workplace situations on a public forum.

You have in the past and you said you disarm in the morning.... if you weren't afraid of the repercussions.... why disarm

This morning, almost to my desk at work. Was halfway through the building before I realized it.

Receptionist had a laugh when I came back. There's a clear "no firearms" sign on our office.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You have in the past and you said you disarm in the morning.

In the context of "do I risk carrying/getting fired", I don't discuss those details on a public forum.

My encounter with the receptionist was, I assume in the OC thread, meant for it's jovial nature.

Obviously open-carrying into an office is something 99% of us don't do purposefully.

Last edited:

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I can't disagree with this. I've never sold to someone who looked nuts like that. Then again, I've never had someone that looked nuts show up to purchase anything of mine. Everyone, for the most part, has been pretty respectable.

Well, except one. I did sell something to a mod on here that I had second thoughts about... Pretty shady dude. Can't remember his screen name, though.

What the POTUS and his cronies would call under the table.

To me, seeing that whack job I would never sell him a base ball bat let alone a gun.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    That's a choice they made. They, legally, can carry there. I know it's unreasonable, I know it's a bad policy... but they aren't breaking laws, and they come out of it alive.

What law would you be breaking, to carry in your workplace?

Hell, might even get a petition going afterward pressuring the college to not expel them, due to the lives they may have saved. Everyone loves a hero, even if it's all hypothetical.

If I still went to college, I'd absolutely have a gun on me. I'm absolutely willing to assume those risks, because I'm not a bad CC'er.

And yet, you're apparently not willing to assume those risks in the workplace?

We shouldn't make this a black/white issue when it comes down to judgement calls a person has to make for themselves.

I agree, which is why I'm arguing against your minimizing of the risk of repercussion assumed by college students who choose to carry in violation of their schools' anti-firearms policies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    What law would you be breaking, to carry in your workplace?

And yet, you're apparently not willing to assume those risks in the workplace?

I agree, which is why I'm arguing against your minimizing of the risk of repercussion assumed by college students who choose to carry in violation of their schools' anti-firearms policies.

This isn't about me, and I don't discuss what I do or don't do (in the context you're presenting) regarding my gun and my workplace on a public forum.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I don't discuss my current workplace situations on a public forum.

Except that you already have, multiple times...

This isn't about me, and I don't discuss what I do or don't do (in the context you're presenting) regarding my gun and my workplace on a public forum.

I'm picking up what you're putting down. No sense in continuing.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I think the real point is even though these places we are legally allowed to carry, there are severe repercussions if caught doing so. Enough for us to not even discuss or not even carry (I dont carry in my office cause I like my cozy low work high paying job) at the risk of getting caught. These repercussions exist because the management feels that no guns should be on the property. By making the repercussions so severe (not criminally), they have effectively made it a gun free zone.

Hell I almost crapped my self when my spare magazine fell out of my pocket one time and a coworker saw, even though I wasnt carrying.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I think the real point is even though these places we are legally allowed to carry, there are severe repercussions if caught doing so. Enough for us to not even discuss or not even carry (I dont carry in my office cause I like my cozy low work high paying job) at the risk of getting caught. These repercussions exist because the management feels that no guns should be on the property. By making the repercussions so severe (not criminally), they have effectively made it a gun free zone.

Hell I almost crapped my self when my spare magazine fell out of my pocket one time and a coworker saw, even though I wasnt carrying.

Yes, that is exactly the point.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    How about cutting to the chase and calling them "Anti-Second Amendment Zones" or "Infringement Zones"? Those terms better convey the breadth of the 2A and our stronger-than-ever "No More Compromises" stance.

Last edited:

mdmayo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Madison County
    Most gun owners are conservative politically.
    I'd dispute that assumption. Plenty of liberal/progressive type(s) own guns, are enthusiasts, train regularly, and own multiple firearms. From my perspective; If conservatives stood alone in the value(s) of the second amendment, there would have been an amendment banning/restricting guns already in place.

Conservatives alone cannot win this fight. So, no matter whether Johnny Reb or INGO feel about the issue, you're in bed with many liberals on this one. As an aside, I will posit that I believe more conservative are single-issue voters than liberals.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I can't disagree with this. I've never sold to someone who looked nuts like that. Then again, I've never had someone that looked nuts show up to purchase anything of mine. Everyone, for the most part, has been pretty respectable.

Well, except one. I did sell something to a mod on here that I had second thoughts about... Pretty shady dude. Can't remember his screen name, though.

Yeah....I think i know the guy you are referring to.....heard he is also a renown bully.....:):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    How about cutting to the chase and calling them "Anti-Second Amendment Zones" or "Infringement Zones"? Those terms better convey the breadth of the 2A and our stronger-than-ever "No More Compromises" stance.

Well, with out a PC mindset the spin would not be effective now would it.....PC will be the end of us all.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Did you point out how many LEOs would be needed? And how they'd have to go door to door, cause they don't know where all the gun owners and weapons are. And how weapons would be moved anticipating those searches. And how searches would have to continue for years, on EVERYBODY.

And that LEOs would have to give up their own privately-owned guns as well?

In any event, I don't think that the FBI plays these search/seizure games. Maybe the Stasi, erm, DHS?

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Correct. Not only hard right wingers are in support of the second amendment. I'm one of the non-hard R's, but I find myself a bit to the right side of the isle more often than not. I vote based on a lot of issues and no single issue sways my vote. I also don't vote based on party affiliation. I vote based on which candidate falls most in line with my belief on the array of subjects in discussion.

I'd dispute that assumption. Plenty of liberal/progressive type(s) own guns, are enthusiasts, train regularly, and own multiple firearms. From my perspective; If conservatives stood alone in the value(s) of the second amendment, there would have been an amendment banning/restricting guns already in place.

Conservatives alone cannot win this fight. So, no matter whether Johnny Reb or INGO feel about the issue, you're in bed with many liberals on this one. As an aside, I will posit that I believe more conservative are single-issue voters than liberals.

Top Bottom