Post Pictures Of Your Engraved Gun Here.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rizzo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Where did you get your gun engraved in INDY?

Let's see your engraved gun and tell where you had it done.

I would like to see examples of your engraved gun and like to know where you had your custom work done. I would like to have the slide on my wife's Gun engraved for her as a gift but not sure where to have it done.

Last edited:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    ive only dont mags so far, but the emgraver was me. my camera sucks not the engraving

engravingflag003.jpg

engraving007.jpg

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Lightly engraved CZ75 (engraved at factory, 25th anniversary gun)
    IMG_0014.jpg

Another lightly engraved CZ75 (engraved at factory, 30th anniversary gun)
    IMG_0017.jpg

The most fully engraved Detonics Combat Master I know to exist (privately commissioned). There are some moderately engraved C.M. pistols, but this is the most completely engraved I've ever seen or heard of.
    3-5.jpg
    4-2.jpg

5-2.jpg

I've got a custom set of Safari Arms 1911 pistols, lightly engraved, serial numbers 001 and 002, that I had commissioned 20 years ago as a gift to my wife for our 5th anniversary. Sorry, no detailed photos of those guns but one is a MATCHMASTER and the other is an ENFORCER, both are made of beryllium-copper alloy.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    ...I would like to have the slide on my wife's Gun engraved for her as a gift but not sure where to have it done.

BTW, I know of no local engravers but I have a friend in Wisconsin who's father in law does beautiful work (actually amazingly beautiful work). If you'd consider shipping the gun away, I'll get you the information.

Rizzo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    does he have a website?

BTW, I know of no local engravers but I have a friend in Wisconsin who's father in law does beautiful work (actually amazingly beautiful work). If you'd consider shipping the gun away, I'll get you the information.

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    NFA requirement??? why?
    it's a lower for an sbr (form 1, so i guess technically an atf requirement), that is why the name, city, and state are on it. The gadsden was just for a the real personal touch, i grew up loving that damn flag in dad's bar. You can see that the gadsden is a little brighter than the name etc., that is because the atf require the name, city, and state to be a certain depth .003 (which mine is deeper). Laserscribe is one of the few laser companies with a good enough industrial laser than can reach the depths required per atf.

Rizzo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    surely someone out there has more engraved guns to share pics of ... or knows of some local engravers.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    Micheal Dubber is one of only 33 Master Engraver's in the US and is located in southern Indiana. He has a two year waiting list and his work runs in the 25k range. May not quite be what your looking for. Try calling some of the high end jewelry stores in Indy. They may have someone.

purple72

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Bill Mains east of Indy has been a Master engraver with the Guild for years. He was a factory engraver for Colt in the late 60's. Was a factory engraver for Ithaca in the 70's, and is curently doing all the factory work on the 28ga pumps. He still does commission work. And the best part, he's reasonably priced, and he's quick to deliver. Quick as in weeks, not years. Do a search online, and you'll find him.

Rizzo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    I just found this Bill Mains website... Bill Mains Gun Engraver | Custom Gun and Accessory Engraving by Bill Mains

Pretty amazing stuff.

Bill Mains east of Indy has been a Master engraver with the Guild for years. He was a factory engraver for Colt in the late 60's. Was a factory engraver for Ithaca in the 70's, and is curently doing all the factory work on the 28ga pumps. He still does commission work. And the best part, he's reasonably priced, and he's quick to deliver. Quick as in weeks, not years. Do a search online, and you'll find him.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom