• ...and so much more!
  • jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    Toole,
    Thank you for your service. Have fun with the "toys" but stay safe.
    May God watch over you and bless you, your family and all our troops.
    There are no words to express the nations thanks to all of our countries military, past and present.

kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.
    This thread makes me wish I had taken more pics when I was in the Army. I could of had some sweet doors open Blackhawk flight pics, But at the time flying around Ft. Campbell in a Blackhawk was just another day.

cox7215

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Kokomo, IN
    Corporal, you want to talk about giving out rank, we have more light birds here than you have ever seen, its CRAZY!!! Toole you plan on coming to the sand box and playing around???

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Well, it looks like I'm going to be getting a set of new toys. I was told yesterday that as of May 1st I will be a Bradley gunner. So when that time comes I'll have an electric powered, chain driven, 25mm machine gun! Also a m240c machine gun, Beretta m9 mil spec, and m4 with m68 attached.

I can't find any videos of it firing very quickly but I've been told it can fire upwards of 300rds a min. I found this vid on youtube and I think it may be from the gunnery thing we just got back from last week. Also it doesn't show the 240c firing but whatever! The 25mm is ****in badass when you're standing 10ft away from the bradley when it's firing and you can feel it fire!

YouTube - LIVE FIRE: Bradley 25 mm M242 Chain Gun - Infantry Fighting Vehicle - South Korea

Target identified
    Driver up
    On the way

Done my fair share of gunneries as a Bradley driver.

Toole

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 31, 2008
    Noblesville
    Corporal, you want to talk about giving out rank, we have more light birds here than you have ever seen, its CRAZY!!! Toole you plan on coming to the sand box and playing around???

I'd rather be in the sandbox than in Korea. That's actually why I changed from the Navy to the Army. I wanted to go to Kuwait when I got into the reserves because they were taking volunteers and they wouldn't let me so I put in my conditional release and joined the Army. Go figure I got stuck in Korea. :dunno: I imagine once I get back to a duty station that's state side I'll end up in Afghanistan at some point tho.

WinChoke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Alexandria
    An excellent thread.:yesway:

Brings back many memories (some fond - some not).

Back in the 80's I was assigned to the US Army Armor School at Knox, part of the time as an instructor for the M3 Bradley Transition Course. The Army was transitioning from 113s.

The 25mm is indeed a fun toy, but I have to say that there's nothing like being in the turret of an M1 or M60A3 MBT while sending 105mm sabot downrange (we didn't have the 120mm smoothbore guns yet).

CAVoorhis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Hancock County, Indiana
    2742599168_2a10d21790_b.jpg

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    The 25mm is indeed a fun toy, but I have to say that there's nothing like being in the turret of an M1 or M60A3 MBT while sending 105mm sabot downrange (we didn't have the 120mm smoothbore guns yet).

THAT would have to be cool!! :yesway:

While not as cool as tank main guns, Warthogs, or 25mm chain guns...I think my Type 14 Nambu is one of the cooler pistols in my little collection.

DSC01145.jpg

Top Bottom