• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    You don't see those good ol APC's anymore. Love the warthog in flight!

Hey Hickman...if you like the Warthog/Thunderbolt in flight or action...check these vids out.

I know if I were on the battlefield...I would welcome this cool weapon and its pilot. Can't beat a big brother watching over you in a fight. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXg6J9upaCg&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M13SDBrO_IM

Okay I'm done thread jacking...sorry folks...I just really admire what these pilots can do with their machines. They save many a soldier I'm sure. :patriot:

Toole

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 31, 2008
    Noblesville
    how did you manage being prior service, AND still only an E-3? Branch swapping?

just curious because when I came in I was an e-3... 3 years ago and after basic I got a promo.

either way, I wish I had my camera for some pictures.

I was prior Navy in a flooded rate, its near impossible to get promoted. Also, the Navy doesn't give E-4 like the Army does, you have to take written exams for it. I've been an E-3 since October of 2007! I'll be picking up E-4 here in a bit.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    Paladin.jpg

m110a2dvic4989xp.jpg

Cannon Cockers Rule

TD12

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Afghanistan when I can.
    I was prior Navy in a flooded rate, its near impossible to get promoted. Also, the Navy doesn't give E-4 like the Army does, you have to take written exams for it. I've been an E-3 since October of 2007! I'll be picking up E-4 here in a bit.

Congrats on that e-4. I just picked up my 5 about 2 months ago, only to find out I may be getting MEDBOARD'd from the Army.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I got call from the CSM of the Army when I made E-5 after my 7th year in. He asked me if I was tired of being the highest ranking Corporal in the Army....

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.6%
    41   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    IBA may suck... but the CDI is off the charts.

And you have the coolest guns. Uncle Sam has the best toys.

Toole

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 31, 2008
    Noblesville
    Trust me, they didn't back in the 80's/90's.... it was so bad I had to keep my lateral appointment paperwork with me because senior NCO's didn't believe it.

I keep hearing its actually hard to make corporal in the states, but for some reason they like to promote to it here. I wouldn't want to be a corporal! E5 headaches at E4 pay. lol

dvcr8tor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Trust me, they didn't back in the 80's/90's.... it was so bad I had to keep my lateral appointment paperwork with me because senior NCO's didn't believe it.

I was in at the same time, and I think I saw maybe 2 Corporals in 10 years...

This thread makes me want to break out the scanner and dig out the old photo's of the MCLIC firing over my APC at Knox...

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I was in at the same time, and I think I saw maybe 2 Corporals in 10 years...

This thread makes me want to break out the scanner and dig out the old photo's of the MCLIC firing over my APC at Knox...

Heh, I may have to do that too. We'd go to the border and watch the East German commies watching us.

Toole

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 31, 2008
    Noblesville
    Well, it looks like I'm going to be getting a set of new toys. I was told yesterday that as of May 1st I will be a Bradley gunner. So when that time comes I'll have an electric powered, chain driven, 25mm machine gun! Also a m240c machine gun, Beretta m9 mil spec, and m4 with m68 attached.

I can't find any videos of it firing very quickly but I've been told it can fire upwards of 300rds a min. I found this vid on youtube and I think it may be from the gunnery thing we just got back from last week. Also it doesn't show the 240c firing but whatever! The 25mm is ****in badass when you're standing 10ft away from the bradley when it's firing and you can feel it fire!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfDZBvA1KJo

Last edited:

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    If I send out some schwag can you get an INGO sticker on a Bradley for a cool photo!

Well, it looks like I'm going to be getting a set of new toys. I was told yesterday that as of May 1st I will be a Bradley gunner. So when that time comes I'll have an electric powered, chain driven, 25mm machine gun! Also a m240c machine gun, Beretta m9 mil spec, and m4 with m68 attached.

I can't find any videos of it firing very quickly but I've been told it can fire upwards of 300rds a min. I found this vid on youtube and I think it may be from the gunnery thing we just got back from last week. Also it doesn't show the 240c firing but whatever! The 25mm is ****in badass when you're standing 10ft away from the bradley when it's firing and you can feel it fire!

YouTube - LIVE FIRE: Bradley 25 mm M242 Chain Gun - Infantry Fighting Vehicle - South Korea

Top Bottom