• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mackwage

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Thanks for the information everyone!

As I stated, I have the G19c. I knew I wanted the G19 but the C model was the only one available in my area at the time. Does the compensator make much of a difference?

cmj

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   1
    Apr 10, 2011
    You can buy a non compensated barrel. THAT would honestly be my first upgrade.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars

As I stated, I have the G19c. I knew I wanted the G19 but the C model was the only one available in my area at the time. Does the compensator make much of a difference?

As stated, you can replace the barrel with a non-comp'd one for about $100. The compensated barrel causes a nasty flash in low light conditions and will foul up the front sight quickly. The idea is to redirect gasses and reduce muzzle climb, but personally I'm not a fan, especially for carry guns.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I'd say practice is the main thing, Glock's rule. There's nothing wrong with the competitors, my wife loves her stock M&P 9 full size. I don't hate it but I prefer my Glock's. I change the sights on my Glock's but that's it, besides stocking up on mags and ammo.

leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    You really can't buy any upgrades that will make you a better shooter, and any quality off-the-shelf pistol really doesn't need any upgrades to perform well. Use your time and money to get ammo, range time, training, and maybe night sights, if you like that sort of thing.

ZX-14R

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    The only physical "upgrade" a Glock needs is steel night sights IMO. I prefer Trijicon's. Then I give it the froglube treatment, add ammo and carry it.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    I have a couple of compensated Glocks and really like them.. Where are you located?

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

mackwage

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    I am located in the southern tip - Evansville.

Does anyone know of a good online resource for ordering ammo? It seems every store around and Cabela's site are all out.

Cole46845

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012

Lone wolf has sweet barrels and accessories. When my 30 comes in I'm getting a ported barrel from them. Just google lone wolf barrels for site

mackwage

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Lone wolf has sweet barrels and accessories. When my 30 comes in I'm getting a ported barrel from them. Just google lone wolf barrels for site

I found the site. Just a curious question, the "compensator" in my g19c is just a ported barrel, right?

Top Bottom