• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1nthechmber

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2012
    Hey guys thanks a lot for all the comments.

They are casting marks.

Great thanks to "NHT3" for helping me today,and for offering to replace the trigger bar at no labor ,$15 for the part...until he advised me that it didn't look cracked,and only when we held the bar side by side with a new one that we could tell mine was ok....I was thrilled,and happy to meet an honest person who is also a Glock armorer.

So anyone looking for a great Glock guy let NHT3 know...

And "indygunworks". If a shop offered to look at that for free,they would get a new lifelong customer....that part can be seen by simply taking the slide off,and I could take it inside with the slide off,which would only take 2 eyeballs,and 30 seconds of time.....

Last edited:

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Thanks for the kind words, but I think you meant to be thanking HandK. Heck I don't even own a Glock. I would be happy to get together and talk about guns with you someday though. Cheers!

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    IMAG0872.jpg

IMAG0873.jpg

coltaceguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indiana
    Not trying to start a pissing match, but why would you expect that to be free? The store is a business, and they need to turn a profit to stay in business. If you are taking something to them to look at that means that you are using thier knowledge. That would be a service they are providing, and should have the right to charge a FAIR rate for it. why would they be unreasonable if they dont do it for free?

LOL I don't know where you shop but most shops would provide such a service for free, they are just looking it over. No "service" was performed.

Much like I take my car to the mechanic, and get a "quote", if I dislike that, I go to another, thats business.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    LOL I don't know where you shop but most shops would provide such a service for free, they are just looking it over. No "service" was performed.

Much like I take my car to the mechanic, and get a "quote", if I dislike that, I go to another, thats business.

I am not saying the shop will charge for such a service, i just dont understand how you would find it unreasonable if they did. The sticking point being the word unreasonable.

I dont know any mechanics that will inspect your problem and make a quote for free. all the ones i have ever been to charge for that and if you have them do the work then they take that fee off the total of the bill.

coltaceguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indiana
    I am not saying the shop will charge for such a service, i just dont understand how you would find it unreasonable if they did. The sticking point being the word unreasonable.

I dont know any mechanics that will inspect your problem and make a quote for free. all the ones i have ever been to charge for that and if you have them do the work then they take that fee off the total of the bill.

I find it unreasonable because we are in a deep recession. Its a buyers market, I can get service done anywhere. Customer service has to be #1, and if its not, well take your money else where.

And what do you mean "you've never heard of a mechanic doing a quote for free", maybe try using a reputable shop? But just off the top of my head Pep Boys and Meineke do free quotes before performing any work.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I find it unreasonable because we are in a deep recession. Its a buyers market, I can get service done anywhere. Customer service has to be #1, and if its not, well take your money else where.

And what do you mean "you've never heard of a mechanic doing a quote for free", maybe try using a reputable shop? But just off the top of my head Pep Boys and Meineke do free quotes before performing any work.

I doubt its free. They will get paid for it if you bring work to them. And i agree that on this particular thing it should be done for free, but to EXPECT it for free, and cite a recession as your reasoning? Thats just an entitlement attitude that you and I dont see eye to eye on. If its something i am not knowledgeable enough on myself, that i need to seek someone else's expertise, then their time is worth something, and i never EXPECT it to be free

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Actually I looked it over for 1inthechamber and took a new trigger bar to compare it to. In the pics it did look like it could be cracked but it wasn't. I didn't mind looking it over for free, got to meet a fellow Glock owner and show him one of the new trigger setups I've been doing. Anyone that has Gen 4 ejector problems I'm also happy to install those free.. I"m just trying to generate a loyal customer base or should I my motto be I don't want to make money folks, I just LOVE to work on Glocks:D

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]

Last edited:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Glad it turned out to be nothing, and that another INGOer was able to help. :yesway: :ingo:

On a somewhat related note, a customer recently brought in a Glock with a broken locking block. First time I've ever seen that in my 12 years as an armorer. Gun was still running fine; owner discovered it during a detail strip of the frame.

Also saw an AR-15 where the pivot pin detent broke in half. It was a weird week for gun problems...

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Hey guys thanks a lot for all the comments.

They are casting marks.

Great thanks to "NHT3" for helping me today,and for offering to replace the trigger bar at no labor ,$15 for the part...until he advised me that it didn't look cracked,and only when we held the bar side by side with a new one that we could tell mine was ok....I was thrilled,and happy to meet an honest person who is also a Glock armorer.

So anyone looking for a great Glock guy let NHT3 know...

And "indygunworks". If a shop offered to look at that for free,they would get a new lifelong customer....that part can be seen by simply taking the slide off,and I could take it inside with the slide off,which would only take 2 eyeballs,and 30 seconds of time.....

Glad I could help and it was great to meet you.. You have my info if there's anything else you need.

Top Bottom