Possibility of a Group Purchase of 5.56 Bulk Ammo?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • undeRGRound

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    Indeed. It was not my intention to criticize. It is commendable that you've even taken the task. It will be awesome if you are successful. I don't have any leads or know who to contact, but I am willing to help out however I can. :-)

Very Nice!

We will do exactly as you suggested before, give some price points and
    then folks can decide. You are on target, just a tad early. It's a good plan,
    lay out the price breaks and see how many will be in a a price. I have several
    folks lined up to buy multiples, so I think we can hit a "level up" with the
    "heavy hitters" as I call them.

Thanks Jackson, it is looking pretty good at this point!

@ ALL:
    I'd love to get 1/2 million, but we are under 200,000 now.
    I guess I need to post a new thread, for ORDERS ONLY.
    We could keep this one open for SUGGESTIONS, but I need
    a moderator to monitor this one for moving the posts to the
    correct thread. I'll see who I can contact about that.
    Suggestions?

sbrville

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    Rush Co
    You might get more Attention in the group buy section of the classifieds. Also put me down for another k possibly, price depending, that 3k total for me. Thanks and good luck.

AttackMonkey

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Nomad
    Too late?

Hopefully I'm not too late. I could be counted in for 1-2K rounds at $300-400 price range. Thanks for even trying to organize this-great idea.

S8MS-01904

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    A Carmel Roundabout
    Inquiring minds want to know......

Two weeks of talking and I still don't have any confirmed ammo coming???

Is this going to happen or not? I've put off buying elsewhere on the hopes of getting "a deal" here.

I'm still holding out for 2,000 rounds in the $300 to $400 price range......

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington

Is this going to happen or not? I've put off buying elsewhere on the hopes of getting "a deal" here.

The OP did say it might take a awhile. Add the holidays and the current panic and it may take even longer.

undeRGRound

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    Not sure who all you've contacted, but I have used Prvi Partisan (PPU) 5.56 M193 and M855 spec loads with pretty good success.

Ammunition | Wholesale Ammo | Shotgun Ammunition

Website says they only sell to wholesalers. Not sure how many rounds are required to be a wholesale deal. Is this on the list of people contacted?

Yes, I contacted PPU, and they are sending me to retailers.
    Thx Jackson!

I will get more into this when Aszerigan gets back online 1-8-13 :rockwoot:
    Still gonna try, but at this point, most mfg. say to contact a retailer. :draw:

undeRGRound

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012

Hate to say this, but I suspect we are at least a month away.
    No one is really willing to sell direct, presumably because of contractual obligations.
    They have to service these first, and everyone is buying ammo as fast as they can.
    I even bought some locally, but I'm not bowing out by any means.
    I have not even used my own GP money for anything else :D
    We're likely over 180,000 rounds but at this point I'd be amazed if we get that great of a price, seeing that everyone is short of supply. Unless Sen. FrankenFeinStein dies of terminal Ugliness and Stupidity, that is :):

Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    Hate to say this, but I suspect we are at least a month away.
    No one is really willing to sell direct, presumably because of contractual obligations.
    They have to service these first, and everyone is buying ammo as fast as they can.
    I even bought some locally, but I'm not bowing out by any means.
    I have not even used my own GP money for anything else :D
    We're likely over 180,000 rounds but at this point I'd be amazed if we get that great of a price, seeing that everyone is short of supply. Unless Sen. FrankenFeinStein dies of terminal Ugliness and Stupidity, that is :):

I for one appreciate your diligence on this.

FFJakeT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    I would be in for 10k - 12k if possible. Thanks and good luck ! a group buy within a group buy haha, just to simplify things. Easier to distribute and to deal with the money. Others should try to do the same if possible! This is of course price dependent! Etc.

Last edited:

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    Would setting up a poll for 1,2,3,4,5,6,7k rounds be a good easy way to track current wants? For all I know you already have a spreadsheet set up, I just thought it might be easier then combing threw the thread. I rogered up earlier on, but was just thinking about this as I saw it again...

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Would setting up a poll for 1,2,3,4,5,6,7k rounds be a good easy way to track current wants? For all I know you already have a spreadsheet set up, I just thought it might be easier then combing threw the thread. I rogered up earlier on, but was just thinking about this as I saw it again...

That's a darned good idea!

Top Bottom