• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I am not in the Marines or a veteran of any service. I can guarantee you that I will not ever be represented by anything that resembles a Nazi "SS". In fact I won't even be around it period.

There is no way any person, business, military branch or team can get away with saying they are innocently using a Nazi resembling "SS". Someone on that team or in charge of that team has to be responsible enough not to allow it to happen. Things like this make our country look even worse.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    I am not in the Marines or a veteran of any service. I can guarantee you that I will not ever be represented by anything that resembles a Nazi "SS". In fact I won't even be around it period.

There is no way any person, business, military branch or team can get away with saying they are innocently using a Nazi resembling "SS". Someone on that team or in charge of that team has to be responsible enough not to allow it to happen. Things like this make our country look even worse.

How can you make such bold comments about the actions of our troops when you have no way of relating to what they go through in country. That photo was taken in Sangin in 2010. Sangin is the most kinetic place in the Helmand province at this time, and in 2010 it was even worse.

If posing with a SS flag is what kept their moral boosted so they could keep fighting the good fight, then who are you or anyone else to say they should be punished for it? Let our troops alone to do what they need to do, as long it gets them back their families.

God Bless the troops:patriot:

cotero82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    I don't think there is anything wrong with it. Symbols change over time. Perhaps it's too soon for the "SS" symbol to take on a different meaning than its use in WWII, but I see no harm in it.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    How can you make such bold comments about the actions of our troops when you have no way of relating to what they go through in country. That photo was taken in Sangin in 2010. Sangin is the most kinetic place in the Helmand province at this time, and in 2010 it was even worse.

If posing with a SS flag is what kept their moral boosted so they could keep fighting the good fight, then who are you or anyone else to say they should be punished for it? Let our troops alone to do what they need to do, as long it gets them back their families.

God Bless the troops:patriot:

So, do you think they should be able to kill innocent people in concentration camps to boost their moral too? How about raping young women? Cutting off body parts as souveneirs? :rolleyes:

I will glady stand behind our country and military but I absolutely refuse to be associated with anything like this. Those guys made a poor choice and they deserve every consequence that comes from it.

There are a bajillion different ways to represent the words scout sniper. "SS" in that form is what the Nazis used..period. It will not ever change.

ryanbr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Logansport

There is no way any person, business, military branch or team can get away with saying they are innocently using a Nazi resembling "SS". Someone on that team or in charge of that team has to be responsible enough not to allow it to happen. Things like this make our country look even worse.[/QUOT

But they can go and fight for your freedoms to be associated with any symbol you so choose to and you want to bust thier balls for doing the same? If a blank flag with ss on it bothers you you need to toughen up. Maybe a little time in the service would do you some good.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    So, do you think they should be able to kill innocent people in concentration camps to boost their moral too? How about raping young women? Cutting off body parts as souveneirs? :rolleyes:

I will glady stand behind our country and military but I absolutely refuse to be associated with anything like this. Those guys made a poor choice and they deserve every consequence that comes from it.

There are a bajillion different ways to represent the words scout sniper. "SS" in that form is what the Nazis used..period. It will not ever change.
    You do realize that the Schutzstaffel were more like a Praetorian Guard than what the Movies portray them as....

Minus the few that were under Himmler from 39-45...

chris miller

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Hancock
    ***** ***** ***** Who cares what other countries think about us. Just another reason to complain about the USA. I could give 2 sh$&s about what they think. GO MARINES kick ASS !!!

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County

There is no way any person, business, military branch or team can get away with saying they are innocently using a Nazi resembling "SS". Someone on that team or in charge of that team has to be responsible enough not to allow it to happen. Things like this make our country look even worse.[/QUOT

But they can go and fight for your freedoms to be associated with any symbol you so choose to and you want to bust thier balls for doing the same? If a blank flag with ss on it bothers you you need to toughen up. Maybe a little time in the service would do you some good.

:rolleyes: Maybe some time in the real world where people have to pay for the way the represent themselves and their company will do them some good.

Go to your work and ask them how they feel about changing their logo to a new Nazi looking "innocent" one and see what they say.

cotero82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    I think "won't" as an absolute is improbable. Hundreds of years from now, the Nazi SS symbol could very well be a symbol of peace and love, much like how the modern peace symbol used to be a pagan symbol of crucifixion. The Nazi swaztika was a buddhist symbol thousands of years before the Third Reich made it a symbol of hate.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I'm all for accountability, but many of us know that our units had logos and flags that were not necessarily approved by the chain of command, but what could they do about it? Many have tattoos, player cards, challenge coins, etc., that only members of that unit possess; especially those that were/are in combat.

Some may not believe in the image or even agree with it, but it's those people in that picture who are living out the meaning of it. Somehow, I doubt the meaning and purpose behind the flag has anything to do with nazi Germany, but I don't know that for sure. Could they have chosen something else? Sure! Maybe they should have used "S-Squared...and you know that!"

Online pictures are really getting out of hand these days!

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    The skull,or Totenkopf, was the symbol of Hitler's SS. Those symbols are Norse and ancient Germanic Runes, the Sig Rune, which designates the sun. In 1933, Guido von List changed the name to mean ‘victory’ in German, therefore it was adopted as the "Victory Runes". I see no problem with this.

cotero82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    The skull,or Totenkopf, was the symbol of Hitler's SS. Those symbols are Norse and ancient Germanic Runes, the Sig Rune, which designates the sun. In 1933, Guido von List changed the name to mean ‘victory’ in German, therefore it was adopted as the "Victory Runes". I see no problem with this.

Preach!

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN USA

Wait a second, you can't interject history and fact into an emotional debate.:rules:

ryanbr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Logansport
    :rolleyes: Maybe some time in the real world where people have to pay for the way the represent themselves and their company will do them some good.

Go to your work and ask them how they feel about changing their logo to a new Nazi looking "innocent" one and see what they say.

Maybe sometime in the "real world" wouild do you some good. Do you really think this is the only place that the letter S is wrote this way with the lightning volt type print.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Maybe sometime in the "real world" wouild do you some good. Do you really think this is the only place that the letter S is wrote this way with the lightning volt type print.

I stand by my challenge. Go to your place of employment and ask them to change their logo, that represents them, that everyone sees to a new Nazi looking "innocent" one. NO one in their right mind would do this.

In case you're were wondering...
    place of employment = Marines and USA
    logo= American Flag hung with "SS" flag

Last edited:

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    Quick google search -
    The Official Pledge of Allegiance Salute Used to be a ‘Hitler Salute’

A hand signal changed the way we saluted our flag. We LET one man ruin the way we saluted our flag. Are we going to let that same man ruin the way those men arrange and style the letter "S" as well? Americans as a whole need to stop worrying about what others do. It used to be we didn't give two ****s about the rest of the world. These days the UN and our President can do whatever they want to the Constitution.

Pray tell, do these young men pillage towns and kill certain people because of their ethnicity? NO! Do these young men volunteer because of a contorted dream of world domination? NO! Just the media getting their pantyhose in a bundle and making our Marines and the Armed Forces in general look like dumbasses to the rest of the world.

cotero82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Wait a second, you can't interject history and fact into an emotional debate.:rules:

Sure you can. Isn't the history of the "SS" symbol and the "fact" that it's association with the Nazi military was a negative one the cause for its negative influence in the first place. It's because of history that this symbol is viewed negatively.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Yes we stepped in this time. Yes it was poor judgement. No I don't think the Marines involved are Nazi type hate mongers.

The Nazi SS originated from the "Sig" or "Sigel" or even "Siegel" rune and was part of Hitler's widespread use of occult symbols.

It is not as big a deal as the news is making out. I'm sure the Marines will be corrected by the Corps. Nothing more to see here, move along.

Top Bottom