• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I don't have any real beef with Popguns but there have been times when I've been in there and received an attitude from certain staff members. However, I have heard a lot of bad stories and I'm starting to wonder where this "Change at Popguns" is?? I'm not seeing it in this thread. People are offering feedback or even complaints and they are getting told how they are in the wrong!

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Maybe we should all print it off and just drop it off next time we drive by Post Rd. Of course only if we had the balls to:popcorn:

Oh, but first one of the folks behind the counter would have to lift their jowls from the cheeseburger to take the printed thread from us with their greasy fingers! No??

("IT staff." Hmmpphh! Inarticulate ramblings is more like it. Oh, I'm done there. NOW, I'm done. Absolutely unbelievable.):noway:

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    I'll keep my opinion of Pop Guns to myself... it's been a while since I've been in there.

The complaints of price gouging are annoying to me. Whatever happened to capitalism?

I'll still shop for the lower price, but more power to the retailer with the highest margins.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    The complaints of price gouging are annoying to me. Whatever happened to capitalism?

I agree, what Pops did was not price gouging, supply and demand and all that.

What they did do is alienate savy gun buyers. Which has a HUGE negative effect on their future business. I also lump morons who run their business this way in with idiot politicians who only look at the now and not the future.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    No time to do spell check?

Thank you for the input. I appreciate the help. Truthfully with the load Mike has on me I do not have th etime to do spell . check. However it appears the jest of the information is coming thru.
    Thanks again for your kind help. I must sign off now before I get caught messing around

Looks to me like all you have been doing on this thread is cut and paste from your OP. Not taking a couple minutes to use spell check does not leave a good impression. I doubt you are talking for the owners as being a past small business owner myself I doubt anyone would allow someone to represent them in the manner you have today. I am a range member at Pops and have on occasion experienced rude behavior from people behind the counter when I come in to shoot. I have also dealt with some very nice people but it only takes one negative incident to leave a bad taste. You sir do nothing to improve PopGuns image.

I am also a FFL so I am well aware of your pricing policy. You are competing with places on line like Buds and Gunbroker who do not have to charge the 7% IN sales tax you and I do; if you don't wake up and smell the coffee you will be selling donuts instead of firearms. People are not stupid when it comes to pricing with all the information available to them on the internet. :twocents:

Greg.B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Evansville
    I must sign off now before I get caught messing around

I've been following this thread, just for entertainment more than anything I guess, but the above makes me wonder, did they ask to you post here, or are you posting 'for' them on the clock without them knowing it? I'm confused...

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I've been following this thread, just for entertainment more than anything I guess, but the above makes me wonder, did they ask to you post here, or are you posting 'for' them on the clock without them knowing it? I'm confused...

I was wondering this same thing and forgot to mention it in my post!

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I am on the I.T. Staff for the store. I have been associated with the business since 2004.

Sorry if you thought I was threating. Not sure which part was threatening. We generally do not have the time to few forums so i attempted to address few people all at the same time.

POPGUNS and now The Familiy Indoor Shooting Range has enjoyed an excellent reputation and business since 1985. We can not make everyone happy - however we apparently make enough folks happy to the pay bills.

Sorry to chime in here, but when has it become standard practice of a "Employee" of a business that's job is "Part of the I.T. Staff" to be a mouth piece for a business?? You are a employee, you speak as if you are in direct control, or have some control of the actions that take place there. I take this as the proverbial grain of salt, your words are exactly that, words, anything else is hearsay.

Now as far as the reputation of Pop Guns, my father who passed away in 2000 was at one time a customer of the business, and a very great customer of the range. He frequently recieved abusive treatment from people in the shop and stopped visiting.

He would go to Bradis, PSS at the drop of a hat, but because of what happened he never returned.

Oh, did I mention how close he lived to Pop's, 1 MILE. When a person drives 45 minutes to another shop because of price and customer service, you know there is a problem.

I have been there twice, and will never go back and live with the words of my father in my head about them. "I'd never go back there if it was the last place left on earth to buy from." Pretty strong words from a man that had amassed a mighty collection of firearms and ammunition.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Maybe we should all print it off and just drop it off next time we drive by Post Rd. Of course only if we had the balls to:popcorn:

Apparently people that are, shall we say, "sans testicles" need not apply.:dunno:
    Driving out the ladies too, man they must have more business than they can poke a stick at.......:n00b:

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven

if a box of ammo costs $10 and every other shop sells it for say $15, but your shop sells it for $30 or more, is that not gouging the customer?

i agree that they can charge whatever they want; i certainly am under no obligation to pay it. i am just trying to figure out at what point the profit margin has to reach before you consider it price gouging? do you consider Don's to engage in gouging? $2600 for a Colt 6920 last time i was in there....

just askin, not trying to start a fight.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

What they did do is alienate savy gun buyers. Which has a HUGE negative effect on their future business. I also lump morons who run their business this way in with idiot politicians who only look at the now and not the future.

if a box of ammo costs $10 and every other shop sells it for say $15, but your shop sells it for $30 or more, is that not gouging the customer?

i agree that they can charge whatever they want; i certainly am under no obligation to pay it. i am just trying to figure out at what point the profit margin has to reach before you consider it price gouging? do you consider Don's to engage in gouging? $2600 for a Colt 6920 last time i was in there....

just askin, not trying to start a fight.

My point exactly. I am in no way discouraging Capitalism, or their right to charge anything they want to. However, I also reserve the right to call them out on business practices, that dissuade me, as a consumer, from shopping there.

LP said it way better than I could.

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Greensburg
    Sorry if you thought I was threating. Not sure which part was threatening. We generally do not have the time to few forums so i attempted to address few people all at the same time.

POPGUNS and now The Familiy Indoor Shooting Range has enjoyed an excellent reputation and business since 1985. We can not make everyone happy - however we apparently make enough folks happy to the pay bills.
    Maybe with the prices, the sales you lose are negated by the mark up and that is how you pay the bills.

Ladys and Gentlemen

We have attempted to address your issues. I will forward your responses to Michael and Mrs. Hilton. They will take the appropriate action as needed. Again if you have an issue address we ask that you address the issue in person while in the store - not hide behind an anonymous Avaitar on a forum.
    So now its ladies and gentlemen??? A few posts back we were told to more or less "grow some balls", and now you want to be polite?

I will attempt to again visit this forum within the next few days.

Thank You.
    Good luck with that!!

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I was there at Pop Guns righter after the Clinton AWB expired. I was shocked at the prices as well as the lack of attention we received in the store. I took a trip up there with an LEO and a good friend. We all attributed it to post-AWB panic. We returned much later and prices were higher than ever. Customer service/attention was just as lousy. I complained to staff and I did it in person. I didn't make a big deal out of it but we did everything but scream to get the attention of a 40-something stocky dude behind the counter with dark hair and a moustache. I took my roll of cash to Bradis and they've earned my business nearly every handgun purchase I've ever made.

No reason to go back a third time. Bradis and other LGS fill the role where Pop's has dropped the ball. Even if they don't really remember me at Bradis, at least they pretend to remember me. ;)

Last edited:

Eprobertson1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Lawrence - Northeast
    Guy's, I have been reading this thread and have come to the conclusion that chating with gruemeyer is like floging a dead horse.

As far as this thread is concerned - It will hurt less if you :wallbash:.

I help a friend out at his gun shop here in Indy and the first word out his mouth is CUSTOMER SERVICE. I know that's two words. But I know a lot of guys that work at various gunshops around central Indiana and they all push Customer Service along with reasonable pricing.

I have found that a shop can grow by word of mouth or they can die by word of mouth.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Guy's, I have been reading this thread and have come to the conclusion that chating with gruemeyer is like floging a dead horse.

As far as this thread is concerned - It will hurt less if you :wallbash:.

I help a friend out at his gun shop here in Indy and the first word out his mouth is CUSTOMER SERVICE. I know that's two words. But I know a lot of guys that work at various gunshops around central Indiana and they all push Customer Service along with reasonable pricing.

I have found that a shop can grow by word of mouth or they can die by word of mouth.

Case in point, the "Don's Guns Empire" ain't what it used to be...

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom