• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bucmaster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Take a nice looking girl in pops they suck in their gut lay their pizza down and show her every gun in the store

john67103

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 6, 2009
    Fishers
    Hmm, i went in there with my wife. She is still looking for her first handgun... The seemed nice, but their prices were about the same as Gander Mountian. Not sure if it is politics or that is how they always are.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Hmm, i went in there with my wife. She is still looking for her first handgun... The seemed nice, but their prices were about the same as Gander Mountian. Not sure if it is politics or that is how they always are.

THey run high compared to every gunshop... unless everyone drastically lowered prices since last week (just was at Bradis and AAC today)

Truckerman79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    McCordsville, IN
    I went in there today with my wife to visit the range. Boy did we pick the wrong day to go. The place was PACKED. I gave the guy running the range my ID and told him we'd wait. He said the wait was about an hour. We looked around for about 45 minutes and I went to check on the wait and he said it was about another hour before we'd get in there.

On a good note, there was a guy behind the counter by the name of Adam. He was very friendly and helpful and answered every question my wife and I had. We held several guns and my wife fell in love with a lightweight S&W .38 special (hidden hammer). We didn't buy anything because I know we can get better deals elsewhere.

Adam advised us to visit the range during the week and it won't be as crowded.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I went in there today with my wife to visit the range. Boy did we pick the wrong day to go. The place was PACKED. I gave the guy running the range my ID and told him we'd wait. He said the wait was about an hour. We looked around for about 45 minutes and I went to check on the wait and he said it was about another hour before we'd get in there.

On a good note, there was a guy behind the counter by the name of Adam. He was very friendly and helpful and answered every question my wife and I had. We held several guns and my wife fell in love with a lightweight S&W .38 special (hidden hammer). We didn't buy anything because I know we can get better deals elsewhere.

Adam advised us to visit the range during the week and it won't be as crowded.

When I was in last weekend they said "we try to keep members to their range time, but we won't kick them out if they decide to do extra time" so it's a bunch of crap, basically unless you pay to be a member (even then you have to wait in line) then you aren't getting in the range from what I hear.

Truckerman79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    McCordsville, IN
    When I was in last weekend they said "we try to keep members to their range time, but we won't kick them out if they decide to do extra time" so it's a bunch of crap, basically unless you pay to be a member (even then you have to wait in line) then you aren't getting in the range from what I hear.

That's funny. The range guy was trying to sell someone a membership and told him that if he bought one he would be able to skip ahead of the non-members that were already in line. :dunno:

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    That's funny. The range guy was trying to sell someone a membership and told him that if he bought one he would be able to skip ahead of the non-members that were already in line. :dunno:

Yeah you can skip ahead of non-members, and get in line behind the 5 people that just bought memberships.

ilfishin

I don't like this
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    I've done a lot of business with them through the years. Especially when he was at 10th and Mitthoffer. He had a smaller shop then and it was usually just him and another guy behind the counter. That is where we bought my wife's first handgun ( S&W SS Centennial air weight). He took the time with us to explain every gun that my wife was interested in and answered all her questions honestly. He seemed to care about her as a customer and not just trying to make a sale.​

After he was robbed at that location things started to change and now that he's moved to the "mega store" it seems to have be come a good ol' boys atmosphere. If your not in the clique then you don't matter. It usually depended on who was working at the time on the quality of service you would get. Kinda hit and miss.

I haven't been there for a couple of years. I've heard he's been trying to turn it around lately so maybe I'll stop in there soon and check it out. I bought my son a Glock model 22 for Christmas and he's only shot it once. Sounds like a good excuse for us to go to me. I'll let you know how it goes.:dunno:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I've heard he's been trying to turn it around lately so maybe I'll stop in there soon and check it out.

From what I understand, "he" (Mike) has all but gotten out of the day-to-day running of the store and is/was trying to sell the entire operation. That, coupled with the sky-high (even for the post-election market) prices I'm hearing about, doesn't strike me as an effort to turn things around.

ilfishin

I don't like this
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    From what I understand, "he" (Mike) has all but gotten out of the day-to-day running of the store and is/was trying to sell the entire operation. That, coupled with the sky-high (even for the post-election market) prices I'm hearing about, doesn't strike me as an effort to turn things around.

That may very well be. As I said, that is just what I heard. I guess I'll find out when I go there.

40calsheepdog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Went there Sunday for some range time. They were SWAMPED but I had a good experience. There's a guy there that has a buzz cut, probably in his late 30's early 40's and he was extremely nice and helpful. We had to wait about 45 minutes for a range to open up and he made sure to let us know periodically about how long we still had. As far as the far left lane, it's still closed.

I have to agree that the older guy "tear it in half" is kind of a jerk. He seemed to busy to help anyone, but the one guy in particular was more than happy to not only run the range, but help whenever I needed.

pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I was there about a month or so ago to shoot. It was a Saturday morning, and they were extremely busy. It took nearly an hour to get on the range. It seemed that every time I was next up, a member would walk in and automatically go to the front. Frustrating. Anyway, after the session, I had to wait 15 minutes pay! I would have just thrown a $20 and left, but needed my license. I will not be going back.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I stopped in there today after going to KS&E. The lot was packed and there were a few ppl standing around looking at things. A lot of ppl on the range. Not a whole lot of guns but some nice ones. When I saw a couple of the prices my heart skipped a beat! I thought about running home and trying to sell off some of my stuff if those prices are an indication of how things are selling. An older gentleman asked if he could help me and when I asked for a part he politely said he didn't carry those. Was still friendly and offered to show me anything I wanted. After looking around a bit he came back and asked again if I wanted to see anything. I again said I was just looking. He was polite and freindly. I just can't believe what they were asking for guns/acogs/scopes/etc. I did see a guy walking out with 2 rifles though so ppl must be paying the price.

seamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I have taken a number of their classes, been a range member for over 3 years and have been treated pretty well....but Their prices are too darned high and I don't like the way the range is run any longer. I agree with one of the other poster's it was much nicer when Mike Jr was there but he has his own business in Greenfield called "That Fun Place" which is a game emporium/pizza place. I spoke with a former employee who referred to Pop's as Don's east. I realize he was somewhat disgruntled but he always one of the nicer guys in there. I think I'm going to join the Fall Creek conservation club for my range time and let my membership at Pop's lapse.

Top Bottom