• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Greensburg
    I was in Pop's last Saturday, and like you it had been about a year or so since my last visit, and I was surprised at the lack of selection. I can remember a few years ago when they had cases running over with just about anything you could ask for, now it seems they have just a few in a select number of calibers. As far as being friendly, Mike was always nice but one employee whom I will not name, has never been very cordial, even with a guy that had spent quite a few dollars in there. There prices are a little high but then again they have always been a bit high. I guess I was a little disappointed when we walked in.

Richard

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I stopped in there one afternoon a few years ago and asked to see a Springfield XD along with a G17 (wanted to compare them both before buying one of them) and they acted like I asked for one of their kidneys or something.

I did end up buying the G17, but that's the last time that I'll step foot in their shop.

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    I have never had a good experience at pops, I refuse to go there anymore. Seems like you get lectured instead of talked to, and you just get stared at and glared at when you look at things, like your being judged or something.

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    I use to frequent the range at Pops but didn't go for a year or so. When I went back recentley, I too was charged a full $19 hour charge. I was only in for 20 minutes myself. Went with my clips loaded and ready.

They use to have a different cost structure..had to be 30 min charges as well. Now with thw 19.00 and the cost of ammo..to shoot 100 rounds your talking $39 bucks. I don't even pay that much to play golf.

I wonder if the insurance costs for them has risen.

deadsquirrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Carmel
    I have never had a good experience at pops, I refuse to go there anymore. Seems like you get lectured instead of talked to, and you just get stared at and glared at when you look at things, like your being judged or something.

x2 exactly how i feel. i almost feel it is wrong to ask them a question about something :dunno:

purple72

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Everytime I've been in there, it seems like the folks with badges are the ones getting the decent service. No thanks. I'll spend my $ where I'm appreciated.

originalhonkey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    greenwood
    pops is a joke.went in to buy an ak-47 knowing i was going to get bent over.but any how thats another story. i go in and everyone is sitting down eating there chinese food. i go to the counter and wait for like 5 min (i am the only one in there besides my friend and some people on the range) before they even looked up to give me the sh@#y look like what do you want. i said i would like to BUY not look but BUY that ak-47. he gave me another look like what ever. becouse the price was off the charts i asked if any ammo could go with it or extra mag. he said no it is what it is in a real smart @ss way.so i gave it back so we could finish looking around and buy more stuff note buy more. when we were done we took the other things to buy as well and returned to the counter were they were eating and stood with money out for about another five min with NO help. about that time a rap star wanna bee with gold teeth comes in with some nasty white chick just making a big seen. im telling you i thought they were going to service him right there. i mean it was can i help you sir, what are you looking for today. and of course the rap star gangster said she would be buying the gun.hhhhhmmmmmmmmmm!still standing there with money and things to buy and lets not forget the ak. after a few more min of watching this we sat the stuff on the counter and left. i was so mad along with my friend we said we would never go back there again.i guess they would rather sell to the gang bangers. oh im sorry i meant there hoes. pops sucks!!!!!!!!!!

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Why were you going to buy the gun from there if you already knew that you were going to "get bent"? There are other stores in town with rifles, Beech Grove had a very nice selection of rifles today. I don't understand why you would buy from them if you already knew that they "suck" and then treated you so poorly once you got there.

1 old 0311

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Carmel
    I have been a Pop's customer for many years. Lately they have 'changed' and not for the better. Don't know what happened. New Manager maybe?

originalhonkey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    greenwood
    colt556 when i said that i knew i was going to get bent over but thats another story.well i have alot of guns have had them for years. im not one of these oh here comes the gunbans better go out and get my first ak or ar.so any how i wanted a knew ak to shoot and shoot alot and when i finaly saved the money it was to late obama was elected and you could not get one anywere so when i called pops as a last resort (becouse of there high prices)and they had one left and i was on that side of town i new i had better go get it before it got worse.(and it did as we all know)im sure beech grove has a great selection today but two months ago they didnt. and i believe i said they suck at the end of my post which after the way i was treated that day they do.so just like i said in my post i went there to buy a gun i knew would already be over priced i.e pops over prices guns and we all know it. for once they actualy had what no one else did but treated us like crap!!!!!so based off of that trip there my opinion was and still is that they suck.if you dont agree i understand and im glad you have better luck there than i.:yesway:

Hustlehard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    Noblesville
    Never been to pop's but is sounds like they need to (floyd merriweather) "STEP YO GAME UP" Bradis is a coo spot for me, sorry for being a lame but what and where is AAC?

Old Salt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2008
    Avon
    AAC is a gunshop in Mooresville. If you are on the west side stop in at PSS (Plainfield Shooting Supplies) on US 40 in Plainfield. I have been to most of the stores in the Indy area, and I find that 95% of the time he will beat anyone elses prices. He also has a very good selection.
    P.S. 95% of all statistics are made up. But he does have a very good selection and prices.

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Yeah, sorry, but these guys are pushing the whole "gun ban" thing and were telling people that they need to buy now or they won't get what they want and they upped their prices $150-$200 after the announcement. I have a layaway there, but I might just say screw it and forget them. One of the employees was a tool. i will not be going back.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    colt556 when i said that i knew i was going to get bent over but thats another story.well i have alot of guns have had them for years. im not one of these oh here comes the gunbans better go out and get my first ak or ar.so any how i wanted a knew ak to shoot and shoot alot and when i finaly saved the money it was to late obama was elected and you could not get one anywere so when i called pops as a last resort (becouse of there high prices)and they had one left and i was on that side of town i new i had better go get it before it got worse.(and it did as we all know)im sure beech grove has a great selection today but two months ago they didnt. and i believe i said they suck at the end of my post which after the way i was treated that day they do.so just like i said in my post i went there to buy a gun i knew would already be over priced i.e pops over prices guns and we all know it. for once they actualy had what no one else did but treated us like crap!!!!!so based off of that trip there my opinion was and still is that they suck.if you dont agree i understand and im glad you have better luck there than i.:yesway:

NP. I've never bought anything there. I don't see how they stay open when everyone knows they charge 2-3 times what a gun is worth. Go to Beech Grove, Bradis or AAC. They have guns at fair prices and the folks there are nice and will actually talk with you and not down at you. Just my $.02. :twocents:

iam1096

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    Ohio
    I have only bought two gun from them and one was Mikes personal gun a Smith & Wesson custom Shorty Forty. The prices on some of the guns have come down but I buy holsters and Night sights for Glocks. $ 89.00 and they install them for free. I do laugh at some of the gun prices but every Wednesday my wife and I go shooting there. The shop has become friendly and that maybe because we go there every Wednesday. For over two years of shooting at POPS I do have to say Mike and the guys are very friendly with us. I think like all places, you have to know where to buy what. Pops and Elmore's is almost the only place in town to find leather holsters.

oifvet2id

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    Indy
    Several weeks ago my neighbor and I stopped into Pops because we were in the area. My neighbor wanted to buy a green laser for his AR. They had some that were within his price range. After 15 minutes or so we were "helped" The next day the tail cap broke, he went back in and was given a load of crap. I told him to go back in uniform and see what happened. He did, they were falling over themselves to help him. The laser has broken twice more and to their credit they have replaced it, but the last time we were both in uniform. Just my :twocents: as well.

Top Bottom