• ...and so much more!
  • snake-doctor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Cumberland
    Fate did not want me to shoot at Pops 2day

I'll admit, I don't like shooting indoors in the first place and didn't really want to go to Popguns to shoot, but I really need some practice. So, I packed up my gear and headed over there this morning, as Sunday/Monday mornings are the only times I have to shoot.

So, I get there at 10 am and discover they no longer open on Mondays until 1 pm. By 1 pm my window to shoot is gone, so fate did not want me to shoot at Pops today. It's telling me to wait for a morning at Eagle Creek, for the price of a the day there I'd only get an hour at Pops anyway.

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    Stopped by looking for a grip plug for a Glock 30sf, turns out they don't make them. I was buying this as a present so I forgot to mention the SF part at first. Great price, and when I got home and found out it was the wrong one, took it back and returned no problem. They had a lot of fair priced AR accessories.

hunter46140

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    cops guns

I have been in there a few times. None of which seemed to be pleasent!! Went in one day and asked for 300WSM ammo. Mike looked at me and said" Why would any one want to have that caliber. Thats stupid!!" I then said thatif I wanted his opinion I would have asked him before I bought the gun. Then asked if he could order the ammo and he rolled his eyes and I walked out. He lives just down the road from me and no one around here likes him either!! I'll never go back!!!

FordMan08

Shooter
    Rating - 96.2%
    24   1   1
    Nov 26, 2008
    Parts Unknown
    I went in Pops a while back. After 10 minutes standing at the counter waiting to look at a Ruger SA and not being helped, I walked out. The whole drive home I was thinking how nice it would be if Daves Guns in Whiteland were still open. Sheesh!

We need a gun shop in Franklin.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    You'd be better off going to AAC or Bradis in Mooresville. AAC has some GREAT guys aswell as Bradis, but go to AAC for Handguns, Bradis for long guns. :D

As was said earlier in this therad, I wonder if the guys and/or owners of pops know how bad they are disliked? :dunno: I also wonder how much has to do with the ownership change?

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    We need a gun shop in Franklin.

I don't know if you knew this or not but if it weren't for your present mayor one of our INGO members would have had one open there right now. Guy inquired with the city about buying a commercial property for the purpose of starting a gun shop, the city said "sure no problem", so he buys it and begins renovations and when your mayor found out what he was planning to do he had his buddies in city zoning reverse their decision and not only can't he open a gun shop, he can't open any kind of commercial outlet. Now he owns a shop that he can't even use. WTF?!?!?

FordMan08

Shooter
    Rating - 96.2%
    24   1   1
    Nov 26, 2008
    Parts Unknown
    I don't know if you knew this or not but if it weren't for your present mayor one of our INGO members would have had one open there right now. Guy inquired with the city about buying a commercial property for the purpose of starting a gun shop, the city said "sure no problem", so he buys it and begins renovations and when your mayor found out what he was planning to do he had his buddies in city zoning reverse their decision and not only can't he open a gun shop, he can't open any kind of commercial outlet. Now he owns a shop that he can't even use. WTF?!?!?
    I know exactly what you are talking about. I voiced my opinion through the local newspaper. He was shafted for sure.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom