• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    QFT. After the leavings of a meth lab, walking up on a big wad of crappy TP is the second worst thing to find in the woods.

I have one of very few areas a person can pull off on a long deserted stretch of road, at least 15-20 minutes from anywhere a person can use a toilet. Every now and then I find a clump of TP along with a massive dump poorly hidden behind the trees on the pull-off, and once at the edge of my driveway by the road I found a strip of t-shirt that someone had used to wipe. I also manage a small nature preserve near Bloomington and every week we find a few new tp flowers have sprouted 20' away from the parking area in the woods. That people can't crap in the woods properly makes me wonder how poorly their other habits in life were taught to them.

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    Babywipes are great. I also hiked this weekend but nobody had to go number 2 though. TP is in my BOB but all other packs have baby wipes due to them not being as big as my BOB. Seriously it is amazing the number of people who give no thought to this. A luxury like TP is taken for granted just like most everything else in our society.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    I def make sure I have plenty of TP - also some are included in MRE's.

I've been there before though, hope you didn't wipe with meadow weed, HAHAHA.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    I just remembered something that an ex-coworker of mine told me... he claimed he went through sniper school, and if you were a sniper, and you had to drop a load, you did it in your pants for fear of alerting the enemy of your presence. Is there any truth to this?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I just remembered something that an ex-coworker of mine told me... he claimed he went through sniper school, and if you were a sniper, and you had to drop a load, you did it in your pants for fear of alerting the enemy of your presence. Is there any truth to this?

Only if you're downwind. Otherwise, clench!

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    From what I am to understand, #1 & #2.... BOTH, or EITHER....
    and they train you at school !!!!! that is why we "blouse" our pant legs...

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    It's a SHTF scenario, there are going to be dead bodies to pick clothing off of, empty homes raided for their food but still have full linen closets. Plus book stores full of Obama's books.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Baby wipes are good, but what I usually carry with me are the blue shop towels. They are relatively soft, get all the dirty stuff off and thick enough that your hand doesn't rip through. Seriously getting **** on your hand is nasty.

Top Bottom