• ...and so much more!
  • Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    What's wrong with your bore snake?

Be wary of the brass. I suspect that would best describe something my grandfather suggested for tomcats. Dried corn cobs and turpentine. I've heard it works well...:rolleyes:

ps: you might think about some zinc oxide cream too for rashes. Just get Desinex cream in the baby aisle.

Last edited:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I became a believer in "the many uses of baby wipes" shortly after having an actual baby.
    Now she's 17 and we still keep them in glove boxes, bobs, range bag...
    Oh, and...flushable baby wipes FTW!

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I once took an emergency dump in a swamp, ankle deep in muck.
    On the side of I-4 in Orlando.
    At Midnight.
    I got bit on my ass at least 50 times by mosquitos in the 3 minutes it took to relieve myself.
    And I used baby wipes.
    :rockwoot:

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    i have been suggesting baby wipes forever lol. always go with baby wipes they are amazing for more than just wiping your a$$. they help keep crotch rot down and monkey butt to a minimum. also help keeping hygiene up period. i always have a pack in the bob period

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I hope you guys are carrying all that paper out of the woods with you. I don't want to see that stuff in the woods... and burying all that crap too...

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I hope you guys are carrying all that paper out of the woods with you. I don't want to see that stuff in the woods... and burying all that crap too...

No, most of them are just crapping right out on the surface and leaving a huge wad of TP... (again, how do I know this???)

Seriously, I carry out the tp when I am required to by local regulation (Grand Canyon NP and many NPs out west), otherwise it gets buried right along with the crap. Any area that receives as much rainfall as we do and has an active O layer in the soil will break down the tp right along with the crap in a few weeks.

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    I've found in a pinch that the bulk paper towels if wadded up a couple times work well. If you don't wad them they tend to make things worse. These are common enough that they will be around for quite a while if you can find them. When S first HTF you will want some TP on hand for sure to hold you over, I've used baby wipes but then I'm just wet. I will say that the best bet IMO would be a dedicated wash cloth. Can be cleaned in less than great water as well and it's highly reuseable IF you wash it afterwards.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    No, most of them are just crapping right out on the surface and leaving a huge wad of TP... (again, how do I know this???)

Seriously, I carry out the tp when I am required to by local regulation (Grand Canyon NP and many NPs out west), otherwise it gets buried right along with the crap. Any area that receives as much rainfall as we do and has an active O layer in the soil will break down the tp right along with the crap in a few weeks.

QFT. After the leavings of a meth lab, walking up on a big wad of crappy TP is the second worst thing to find in the woods.

Top Bottom