• yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    This would be nice:

Dodici_310_19397.gif

Holy Crap! Is Geist big enough for something like that? It seems to me as soon as you hit the gas, you'll immediately have to back off to an idle before hitting the other side of the lake. :):

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Several of my fellow RV dealer friends also sell boats. Time and time again I hear Harris Kayot as one of the best pontoons made.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    The Bennington that is two photos underneath that one in the article is one luxury looking machine!

2575-QCW-IO-sport-archMAIN0324-copy.jpg

I couldn't make it big... You'll have to click on it.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    How many HP would you consider "adequate" on a pontoon? For a twin-tube or a triple-tube?

My boat that I posted up thread is rated for 150hp with two toons, 225 with the third. It will hit about 30 MPH with the 115 I have on it. Figure mid 30's with the 150, mid 40's with the 225.
    A tri toon allows you to put a bigger engine on it, up to an I/O big block. They are obviously faster, but they also get up on plane like a glass boat, and handle like one too.

Swom

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 16, 2016
    East Indy
    We have a tri-toon with a 150HP outboard. It will definitely get up move across the water. But when we are towing our sons on an innertube and trying to dump 'em, it definitely won't turn as sharp as a runabout to be able to circle back over your wake to really make the ride interesting.

But definitely on lakes like Brookville where it can get choppy real quick as the number of boaters increase, as I watch those other pontoons with only 2 'toons underneath and how much they're bobbing, dipping & diving in the water it really makes me appreciate the tri-toon and rarely feeling anything but the largest wake.

Top Bottom