Poll: Yes or No - Do you have a Facebook page?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yes or No - Do you have a Facebook page?

• Total voters

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have one. :yesway: It is a very effective way to connect with my colleagues in Vietnam, Thailand, Singapore, China, Mongolia, Indonesia, India, Nepal, Myanmar, and a few other places. I also use Skype and Twitter, along with email and my own website. Of course, appropriate security is in place and I do not post the home address. The company office address is another matter.

Facebook is a useful tool for folks in the people business. Just like my G26 is a useful tool for folks in the security business—personal security in my case.:draw: ;)

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    I have one. Not to worry, I practice safe FB ...don't tell people where I'm going and what I'm going to do, but I might tell them what I've done and where I've been. Also use it to keep in touch with friends and family who are geographically spread hither and yon.

...oh, and I listed my address as "1060 West Addison;" they'll never find me! :D

I manage a band page as well to help keep in touch with our fan (yeah, we only have one ..HA! :D) and to let people know when and where we're playing.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    What's funny is that the folks proudly saying they don't have a Facebook page probably have kids who do, and who are posting the kinds of status updates that completely destroy any of the added "security" of the parents not having a page.

right winger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 31, 2008
    Hymera
    Poll: Yes or No - Do you have a Facebook page?

Yes I have been able to connect with friends and family I have not seen or heard from in years

Hiker1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    South
    Yes, it is locked down w/ privacy settings (not public), and allows me to see family photos on my grown daughter's Facebook page.

I find myself logging into FB-once every month, or two. :dunno:

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I have a facebook.

I'm posting more about guns and whatnot. Seems gun owners want to hide what they are. Come out gun owners. Be proud of what you are.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I have a facebook.

I'm posting more about guns and whatnot. Seems gun owners want to hide what they are. Come out gun owners. Be proud of what you are.
    Yeah, I thought that way once. Then people started losing their jobs over posting pictures of their guns on FB.......Teacher Suspended for Gun Pictures on Facebook
    The link is old and claims suspension but it was ultimately termination. Here's the picture, it was her "profile pic".
    ScreenHunter_02_Feb__06_15_34teacher.jpg

The information they are able to glean from even the simplest of FB posters is frightening, think "big brother" and "1984". This info is sold and used for marketing among other things. Additionally, once you've put something on there, it is there quite literally forever. Many claims of "2 years" are made, but trust me, it's out there forever.

kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Yeah, I thought that way once. Then people started losing their jobs over posting pictures of their guns on FB.......Teacher Suspended for Gun Pictures on Facebook
    The link is old and claims suspension but it was ultimately termination. Here's the picture, it was her "profile pic".

That's what happens when you work with a bunch of libs in a "public" position. Look at the mayor that was fired for her sister posting her in a bikini on vacation.
    Putting yourself on FB pointing a gun is not smart, especially considering the problems schools have had.

Goosepond Monster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    Ellettsville

The information they are able to glean from even the simplest of FB posters is frightening, think "big brother" and "1984". This info is sold and used for marketing among other things. Additionally, once you've put something on there, it is there quite literally forever. Many claims of "2 years" are made, but trust me, it's out there forever.
    I have a gun in my profile picture on Facebook. I've never had any issues.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts

As long as we stay in the closet we'll never have rights.

Be loud. Be proud.

acase20

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2009
    Jay County
    yea, but i dont add many people unless i know them personally....and i dont put all my business online....only post things i think are funny or newsworthy such as my brother getting married i posted that but it was my first post in a while

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    Had one, deleted my acct. after about 6 weeks.
    To much of a hassle for me. It just seemed like a lot "nothing" going on. Trivial, I don't really care to know stuff.
    I know a lot of young people that are hooked on it though.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Facebook, yes.
    MySpace, no.
    Twitter, Hell No!

I keep in touch with non-local friends, and relatives from all over the country. Don't update real often, and maybe check it once or twice a week unless someone messages me or whatever...

And occasionally I share cool videos I find...

Like Lionel Richie, Rob Zombie, and Trina together doing Brick House...

FUNKY!

Top Bottom