Poll: Which television provider do you use?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Who do you use for TV?

• Total voters

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I am trying to figure out where I can best spend some advertising dollars with some of the cable and satellite television providers and am looking for some idea of who has the most subscribers. So if you all don't mind. . If you select other, can you please add who it is.

Last edited:

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Thats a good suggestion, I don't think I can edit the poll. or at least have not figured out how

ShelbyCo.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2010
    Marietta
    Directv!! My parents have Dish Network and some others around me have Dish also but most have Directv. I know this wont show in your poll but just wanted to make mention of it for your knowledge.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Probably should have just left Comcast off. Nobody, not even hornydalnl, should have to be subjected to that poor service.

+1 Uverse

yep. comcast SUCKS! att u-verse here.
    had directv before u-verse and comcast before directv.
    directv wasnt bad, but comcast sucked from day one and their customer service sucks too.

the only reason I ever had directv was because u-verse wasnt availible where I use to live. now its u-verse all the way.

steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    I used to have Direct TV and was quite happy with it. A little over a year ago my apartment complex decided that they didn't want to allow satellite dishes (all outside areas are "common" areas), which forced me to go with Brighthouse (I'm sure somebody got a kickback there). It's been ok so far, but a little more costly.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I am trying to figure out where I can best spend some advertising dollars with some of the cable and satellite television providers and am looking for some idea of who has the most subscribers. So if you all don't mind. . If you select other, can you please add who it is.

Allen, I use DishTV and have been very satisfied with their product & service but Direct TV is a much larger company. None of the previous answers your question but I would think that the marketing departments of the above could provide you with statistics. I do know that when I had Comcast they sold advertising packages directed at specific local geographic areas

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Allen, I use DishTV and have been very satisfied with their product & service but Direct TV is a much larger company. None of the previous answers your question but I would think that the marketing departments of the above could provide you with statistics. I do know that when I had Comcast they sold advertising packages directed at specific local geographic areas

I am sure their marketing depts can, I am however wanting an unbiased opinion because I have as of yet found a marketing person or salesman from any company that would say their competition is really better for me :)

I have sat through sales pitches for this before. This time I am collecting some user level input and the winner will get my investment :)

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I am sure their marketing depts can, I am however wanting an unbiased opinion because I have as of yet found a marketing person or salesman from any company that would say their competition is really better for me :)

I have sat through sales pitches for this before. This time I am collecting some user level input and the winner will get my investment :)

Allen, as much as I HATE comcast for their **** poor service, I think they had many more local ads than any of the 3 service providers that I have ever had. on U-verse I think I just saw one of my first local small business ads the other day and I was actually surprised because its so rare. Directv was alittle better with local ads, but comcast bombards you.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon

Yikes too many smilies

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Allen, as much as I HATE comcast for their **** poor service, I think they had many more local ads than any of the 3 service providers that I have ever had. on U-verse I think I just saw one of my first local small business ads the other day and I was actually surprised because its so rare. Directv was alittle better with local ads, but comcast bombards you.

So do you see this as good or bad?

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    All this hate for Xfinity(Comcast)...I have had them off and on over the years when I could and they by far exceed service quality and price compared to the others I have used such as direct tv , endeavor, brighthouse, and dish network.

I am speaking though on their total ability to provide both internet and hd tv compared to the others though. I have never had a internet run faster than comcast which averages about 25download and 16upload for me. Then through in all the hd features with no service interruption yet at our present location of 5 years.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    So do you see this as good or bad?

well for you I see it as good or bad.

good in the sense that comcast plays more local ads it seems like. but bad in the fact that everyone who has comcast is use to the constant bombardment of local ads and doesn't watch them anyways. So if you advertised on u-verse then your ad would be more impactful because it would stand out from the other regular commercials.

Cbowen

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Noblesville
    ATT U verse is great but they keep sending me nice little letters telling me my bill is going up. I have been with them for 2 years now. My current bill for U200 and middle of the road internet is $115. Seems kinda high to me but I have not really checked around with other providers because I really like the U verse.

Top Bottom