Poll: What's you religious platform...or lack there of?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What's your religious platform...or lack there of...?

• Total voters

IronHorseman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2008
    Fort Branch
    Sorry if I didn't convey my message clearly. I did not mean to imply that his quotes prove him to not be a Christian; I just wanted it to be known that it's not a black and white case here.

Joe you're making it sound like he's a Christian until proven otherwise, almost like innocent until proven guilty.

Just because Christians see Deism as being wrong doesn't mean Jefferson wasn't a Christian. As you said, wanting doesn't make it fact.

Do I know matter-of-fact Jefferson's religion? Nope. Neither do any of us on here. I read what I can and it is just the most logical conclusion that he was not a Christian.

If Jefferson was not a Christian why did he write a commentary on the bible?

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    If Jefferson was not a Christian why did he write a commentary on the bible?

I'm not very familiar with this book, but from what I have gathered it seemed like he wanted to separate the lessons taught by Jesus from the religiousness of the Bible. If he was a Christian, why would he want to separate the morals of the Bible from the Bible itself?

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I'm not very familiar with this book, but from what I have gathered it seemed like he wanted to separate the lessons taught by Jesus from the religiousness of the Bible. If he was a Christian, why would he want to separate the morals of the Bible from the Bible itself?

Because some people take the words of the bible as they are written and not the morals they teach. This is one of the reasons for so many different denominations of Christianity.

Maybe he took the morals of the Bible out so people that won't listen to anything about the bible would suddenly listen since they weren't coming from the bible.

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Maybe he took the morals of the Bible out so people that won't listen to anything about the bible would suddenly listen since they weren't coming from the bible.

Possibly. Who knows? I'm all for it. I believe that the Bible does teach a lot of good lessons - the religion just isn't for me.

Top Bottom