Poll: What's you religious platform...or lack there of?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What's your religious platform...or lack there of...?

• Total voters

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    :popcorn:

Oh, I'm a Christian. However, I find Hinduism and Buddhism to be very interesting cultures and they have some interesting practices that I think we Christians could benefit from. Such as meditation, healing powers, and harnessing the power of the mind.

I also find Wiccan to be a very interesting belief system as well. Go figure why. :)

norman428

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Those quotes were written by men who thought it was OK to own another human being.:twocents:When your slave drives you to church, something is wrong.

Thomas Jefferson also owned slaves.
    ya know, the guy that wrote the Declaration of Independence. One of the main reasons you get to live in this country. Most of our founding fathers had slaves. AND believed in God.
    I do not in any way believe slavery is right, But i do believe God exists.

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    norman428;8[COLOR=Red said:
    01735]Thomas Jefferson also owned slaves.
    ya know, the guy that wrote the Declaration of Independence. One of the main reasons you get to live in this country[/COLOR]. Most of our founding fathers had slaves. AND believed in God.
    I do not in any way believe slavery is right, But i do believe God exists.

I live in this country because I was born here and like my father, grandfather and now my son, I served my country with pride. Jefferson is not the best example of a christian to use. Wasn't he married when he got several of his slaves pregnant?

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    If memory serves me correctly...

Was not Jefferson and several of our Founders in fact not Christian, but in fact Deists?!

Oh yes, a great many of them were not Christians! I thought about going on a big spiel about it but decided to just let this thread simmer instead of take it to a boil lol.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thomas Jefferson said "It hurts me not, if my neighbor believes in many gods, or none."

The founders were a very diverse crowd; but, I am sure am glad that they vehemently agreed religion is good, needed for moral basis in a country and that they were going to create a system where it is possible!
    [/FONT]

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Christian
    Why do people forget that so much science fact is based on theorys, Missing links ect.

<pet peeve time>
    THAT, Sir, is because far too few people actually understand the scientific method and confuse "fact" with "theory" and "law". The problem is not in science, but in people trying to use that misdunderstanding of science to support their own presuppositions and agendas. This finger is not pointing at any one belief structure, this type of ignorance is widespread, even among some "scientists."

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I believe that someone should believe in something, being a deity-type, or a set of ideals and principles or what have.

I don't look at my faith as a "religion". I have a relationship with a living God, who sent his son to die for my sin and transgressions at Calvary. I have been re-affirmed many times of his existence. I believe God is not someone you can't just believe in, you must experience him in full, unwavering faith.

To answer the Poll, Christian. But it SOOO much more than just a title or label.

Deer_Slayer_90

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ok i dont mean to sound rude or anything, but i have been wondering this fr a while...
    First off, i have been saved, and i am born again.
    ...But...
    Scientology makes some sense too, you know?
    I believe in god as a higher being, and i believe he gave his only son for our sins, but i also believe in, ghosts, aliens, and evolution.
    does this make me a "bad christian?"

RockCreekRelics

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    I believe that someone should believe in something, being a deity-type, or a set of ideals and principles or what have.

I don't look at my faith as a "religion". I have a relationship with a living God, who sent his son to die for my sin and transgressions at Calvary. I have been re-affirmed many times of his existence. I believe God is not someone you can't just believe in, you must experience him in full, unwavering faith.

To answer the Poll, Christian. But it SOOO much more than just a title or label.

^
    Could not have said it better myself. I voted Christian as well.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Ok i dont mean to sound rude or anything, but i have been wondering this fr a while...
    First off, i have been saved, and i am born again.
    ...But...
    Scientology makes some sense too, you know?
    I believe in god as a higher being, and i believe he gave his only son for our sins, but i also believe in, ghosts, aliens, and evolution.
    does this make me a "bad christian?"
    I'm saved also. I don't think that believing in evolution etc...necessarily makes one a "bad christian", I think most of what is included in the Bible is subject to interpretation and a lot of stories were actually even left out of the canonized version.... What we know as the Bible today is not really complete due to the fact that the Catholic church and King James only included/accepted what suited their needs for power and control over the people. This is a pretty deep philosophical topic for a gun forum, and I'm sure I'll be flamed into oblivion for my views, but it is what it is and many men/women have spent entire lifetimes trying to figure it out. When the rapture comes, we will know for sure, until then, the key word is "FAITH". See you there:)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom