• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Interesting. I would agree with the majority. I also hope that the right people see it. Now try to convince the liberals it's true.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I can only hope it is legit and the poll was widely distributed and well responded to. If so, this is excellent information.

15,595 respondents, and the site verifies members as LEOs or associated with LE. I had to scan and send a copy of my ID when I signed up.

Of course, this is only slightly better than most Internet polls as far as scientific validity. At least this one you know people only took it once, etc.

I'm a member there, but not very active on the forums and don't take their surveys. I'm mostly there for the articles, sort of an e-magazine.

Hemingway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indiana
    I am surprised by the outcome of that. I guess it is because I hear so much about cops that freak out when someone is carrying.

That's only on INGO. Imagine how boring this thread would be:

"I HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH A COP TODAY"

(which I would bet would be most people if they were honest)

I know many, many cops and I don't know one that is NOT for the public carrying. Unless it's the dope dealers in Haughville or Circle Center Mall sporting their stolen Ravens, Lorcins and Bersas :)

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Sure, I'll chime in. The poll is indicative of what the vast majority of LEO's have been saying for decades:

Guns = Bad, IN the hands of criminals.

Guns = No problem in the hands of law-abiding citizens.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    15,595 respondents, and the site verifies members as LEOs or associated with LE. I had to scan and send a copy of my ID when I signed up.

Of course, this is only slightly better than most Internet polls as far as scientific validity. At least this one you know people only took it once, etc.

I'm a member there, but not very active on the forums and don't take their surveys. I'm mostly there for the articles, sort of an e-magazine.
    Yup...
    I had to provide information verifying my retired position with my Department and the Department was contacted to verify that information.
    I was sent an invitation to vote in the poll so I did.

I haven't seen this poll on CNN or MSNBC???? Confusing....
    And you won't see it there either. :noway:

pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    I agree with it. Believe it or not most LEO that I know are very pro gun and carry. Not many people want to talk about that part of the LEO community. What gets head lines are the ones that are anti 2A.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I agree with it. Believe it or not most LEO that I know are very pro gun and carry. Not many people want to talk about that part of the LEO community. What gets head lines are the ones that are anti 2A.
    Yup....
    The Desk Drivers who have to kiss a Mayors butt to keep their cushy, safe, comfortable, indoor jobs.

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    I find it interesting that we provide info that shows most LEOs are on the 2a supporters side and the forum is so silent. But, if an LEO says "have a nice day" in a wrong tone, it goes to 46 pages.

I was not surprised by the results of the poll. It's just nice to see this info out there now to further kill the AWB ideas.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Good post. There are obviously a lot of pro-gun officers out there. It cannot be denied, however, that are a disappointing number of ignorant, anti-gun officers out there as well. These are the ones who will gladly enforce the most egregious infringements on our rights. Their numbers are a little too high for comfort.

This question was a big disappointment.

Top Bottom