• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I find it interesting that we provide info that shows most LEOs are on the 2a supporters side and the forum is so silent. But, if an LEO says "have a nice day" in a wrong tone, it goes to 46 pages.

I was not surprised by the results of the poll. It's just nice to see this info out there now to further kill the AWB ideas.

You raise a very valid point with two critical components. I hadn't noticed the thread until you bumped it. That said, it is indeed encouraging to read the results contained therein and the participating officers deserve our respect for taking a stand in favor of honoring the oath they took and the principles by which the nation is supposed to operate, in addition to supporting the truth of the matter.

The other issue is one of fairness and honesty. It is hardly a secret that I have no reservations about criticizing substandard performance on the parts of those in positions of public trust. The other side of the same coin is that meritorious efforts deserve equal attention and that there is a strong element of intellectual dishonesty in being a critic, even when deserved, but being unwilling to acknowledge superior performance when it is found.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    15,595 respondents, and the site verifies members as LEOs or associated with LE. I had to scan and send a copy of my ID when I signed up.

Of course, this is only slightly better than most Internet polls as far as scientific validity. At least this one you know people only took it once, etc.

I'm a member there, but not very active on the forums and don't take their surveys. I'm mostly there for the articles, sort of an e-magazine.

Same here. I also took the survey and I was certain of what the results would be. I was correct to. :yesway:

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Yup....
    The Desk Drivers who have to kiss a Mayors butt to keep their cushy, safe, comfortable, indoor jobs.

And often times those same people are the one's you DO NOT WANT backing you up on a call. I don't have a whole lot of use for the average admin type.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Good post. There are obviously a lot of pro-gun officers out there. It cannot be denied, however, that are a disappointing number of ignorant, anti-gun officers out there as well. These are the ones who will gladly enforce the most egregious infringements on our rights. Their numbers are a little too high for comfort.

This question was a big disappointment.

Holy cow!!! Perhaps the first thing I have ever agreed on with this poster. Miracles do happen:D

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    And often times those same people are the one's you DO NOT WANT backing you up on a call. I don't have a whole lot of use for the average admin type.
    Yup...
    I've had administrators whom I hoped would never show up no matter how tense the situation was.
    Because I knew for a fact I'd not only have to keep my own ass in one piece but that of the "boss" as well. ;)

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Yup...
    I've had administrators whom I hoped would never show up no matter how tense the situation was.
    Because I knew for a fact I'd not only have to keep my own ass in one piece but that of the "boss" as well. ;)

I can relate believe me.

Top Bottom