• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    If you didn't understand my point, I hope you're enjoying your seat at the kids table. Argue the semantics all you want.

Romney is going to sprinkle the fairy dust and federal revenues will grow 50+ percent without raising taxes or cutting spending. Hell, I'm sure he'll double it and have the national debt paid off in a few short years.

The definitions don't appear semantic at all.

Debt
    1: sin, trespass
    2: something owed : obligation <unable to pay off his debts>
    3: a state of owing <deeply in debt>
    4: the common-law action for the recovery of money held to be due

Deficit (1) : deficiency in amount or quality <a deficit in rainfall>
    (2) : a lack or impairment in a functional capacity <cognitive deficits> <a hearing deficit>
    b : disadvantage <scored two runs to overcome a 2–1 deficit>

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The definitions don't appear semantic at all.

Debt
    1: sin, trespass
    2: something owed : obligation <unable to pay off his debts>
    3: a state of owing <deeply in debt>
    4: the common-law action for the recovery of money held to be due

Deficit (1) : deficiency in amount or quality <a deficit in rainfall>
    (2) : a lack or impairment in a functional capacity <cognitive deficits> <a hearing deficit>
    b : disadvantage <scored two runs to overcome a 2–1 deficit>

Ok, Mourdock said rape is God's will. Two can play this silly game. So I used the wrong word. You all know damn well what I was saying but you want to play gotcha word games.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Ok, Mourdock said rape is God's will. Two can play this silly game. So I used the wrong word. You all know damn well what I was saying but you want to play gotcha word games.

Mourdock stated that pregnancy was God's will, even if it did occur from rape.

I don't agree with it, but that is what he stated.

I suppose that you can now enlighten me upon what you said, and what you mean. So, c'mon.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Mourdock stated that pregnancy was God's will, even if it did occur from rape.

I don't agree with it, but that is what he stated.

I suppose that you can now enlighten me upon what you said, and what you mean. So, c'mon.

“I think even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that’s something God intended to happen.”

Read more: Richard Mourdock: Rape, pregnancy and God?s plan - Associated Press - POLITICO.com

That's not what he articulated. I know that's not what he meant and I've said so here. Bit going by your standards, he believes rape is God's will.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    “I think even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that’s something God intended to happen.”

Read more: Richard Mourdock: Rape, pregnancy and God?s plan - Associated Press - POLITICO.com

That's not what he articulated. I know that's not what he meant and I've said so here. Bit going by your standards, he believes rape is God's will.
    Ted isn't even arguing with you. What's your point? He said that Murdock DID say what you pointed out.

Have you been drinking tonight?

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012

So instead of telling me of what you think what Mourdock meant, why don't you instead, inform us of what you meant by your use of the word 'semantics'?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Ted isn't even arguing with you. What's your point? He said that Murdock DID say what you pointed out.

Have you been drinking tonight?

Ted stated what Mourdock meant, not what he actually said. You two are *****ing about articulation so you can have a bone to pick with me. You both know what I was saying but are looking for any reason you can to argue with me.

Is Romney going to raise the national DEBT by $4 trillion or more in 4 years or not?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    The fact of the matter is that Obamney is planning on committing to deficit spending of over a trillion a year, under his plan. Just like his buddy Obama. He's betting on pipe dreams and wishful thinking to raise revenues as well as raising taxes (yes, getting rid of deductions is raising taxes on the tax payer). There's not a great deal of difference in the final analysis. He will add to the deficit.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    So instead of telling me of what you think what Mourdock meant, why don't you instead, inform us of what you meant by your use of the word 'semantics'?

I misused debt and deficits. You know what my point was but are just looking for something to argue with me about.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Is Romney going to raise the national DEBT by $4 trillion or more in 4 years or not?
    I told you I didn't disagree. That means that I think he will.. That's much better than $11T in 3.5 years.

Now, do we have a bet that there will be a $20T deficit in 2017 or not?

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Ted stated what Mourdock meant, not what he actually said. You two are *****ing about articulation so you can have a bone to pick with me. You both know what I was saying but are looking for any reason you can to argue with me.

I misused debt and deficits. You know what my point was but are just looking for something to argue with me about.

Oh, so I'm a mind reader.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS

Nyaa, nyaaa, nyaa, nyaa, nyaa!

Sensative tonite, eh!?

You sure you and mr jarrel haven't been hitting the meds cabinet, and you know.... sampling some of those little tablets that make you feel like, say, a 2-dimensional cartoon, and make you point out to people that every loop of thread on yours jeans, has it's own little shadow!??? :D :D

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Nyaa, nyaaa, nyaa, nyaa, nyaa!

Sensative tonite, eh!?

You sure you and mr jarrel haven't been hitting the meds cabinet, and you know.... sampling some of those little tablets that make you feel like, say, a 2-dimensional cartoon, and make you point out to people that every loop of thread on yours jeans, has it's own little shadow!??? :D :D

Are we discussing politics, avatars, or accusing others of being on meds?

Top Bottom