POLITICAL pictures - Funny (unlikely), Sad (more likely) Infuriating (most likely)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Last edited:

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    He said they weren't Muslims because "he read the Koran and it didn't say anything about violence".

I went to Catholic schools for 12 years and had theology classes every one of those years, and I still wouldn't consider myself even adept at understanding the Bible and all the other things in the subject of Christianity.
    “Those who know nothing of Islam pretend that Islam counsels against war,” the Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeni wrote back in 1942. “Those [who say this] are witless. Those who study jihad will understand why Islam wants to conquer the whole world.”

Khomeini explained what he interpreted to be the proper Muslim perspective: “Islam says: Kill [the non-Muslims], put them to the sword and scatter [their armies]. . . . People cannot be made obedient except with the sword! The sword is the key to paradise, which can be opened only for holy warriors! . . . There are hundreds of other [Koranic] psalms and hadiths [sayings of the prophet] urging Muslims to value war and to fight.”

Having grown up Catholic and attended 6 years of Catholic school (including 8 years as an altar boy), we were not encouraged to study the Bible on our own. They would tell us what we needed to know. We didn't even own a Bible. I believe things have changed now.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    Having grown up Catholic and attended 6 years of Catholic school (including 8 years as an altar boy), we were not encouraged to study the Bible on our own. They would tell us what we needed to know. We didn't even own a Bible. I believe things have changed now.
    It's debatable how much has changed. I learned a lot of meaningful things in high school, enough to go keep up with and go beyond most Catholics, though there was so much that wasn't discussed. I didn't even know that giants were even mentioned in the Bible. Ultimately I left Catholicism due to issues with the hierarchy, some of the teachings, and rituals, though I never left Christianity. It was an ex-Jehovah Witness and a guy who made his career getting to the truth about the giants and other fallen angel influences in our world that got me interested in the Bible again.

rbhargan

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty

Very funny. One of the problems networks have is getting people to sit through the commercials (after all, that is where they derive their money). If they inserted "commercials" like this into the advertising space, people would probably be more inclined to sit through the "legit" commercials in the hope of catching an entertaining one. It would also generate online discussion about whether a commercial was legit or a spoof. I wonder about some of the ones I see. Just a thought.

Top Bottom