POLITICAL pictures - Funny (unlikely), Sad (more likely) Infuriating (most likely)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Islam is not a religion. It's a diabolical political system, designed to oppress women and assimilate you or kill everyone of you who won't convert.

I disagree that it's not a religion. It is. But the religion does seek to assimilate everyone, and kills or enslaves everyone who refuses. It seeks to make government Islam and enforce the edicts thereof. It's not designed specifically for the purpose of oppressing women. But that's the effect. It's an artifact of the period the Koran was written, and conservative Muslims use it to preserve the sentiments of the time.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I disagree that it's not a religion. It is. But the religion does seek to assimilate everyone, and kills or enslaves everyone who refuses. It seeks to make government Islam and enforce the edicts thereof. It's not designed specifically for the purpose of oppressing women. But that's the effect. It's an artifact of the period the Koran was written, and conservative Muslims use it to preserve the sentiments of the time.
    I think saying it's not a religion is a rhetorical statement. Truth is, political points of view take on some of the characteristics of a religion, and involve something that resembles faith in some ways. Examples would be climate change or SJW groups. And those beliefs can be the rationale and driver of oppression. Same as it can be for religion. I think that's why he said that. But that's just my interpretation.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think saying it's not a religion is a rhetorical statement. Truth is, political points of view take on some of the characteristics of a religion, and involve something that resembles faith in some ways. Examples would be climate change or SJW groups. And those beliefs can be the rationale and driver of oppression. Same as it can be for religion. I think that's why he said that. But that's just my interpretation.
    I agree. Secular ideologies aren't a lot different from religion, other than there isn't necessarily a literal god involved. The figurative "god" for climate change would be the earth.

And religion or ideology can certainly be a driver for oppression. But not exactly for the sake of oppression. The oppression is an artifact of the belief, in other words. So for Islam, it's not like Mohamed said, "I wonder how I can justify oppressing women. Ooh, I know..."

I suspect it was more like, if you're gonna have religious rules against sexual promiscuity, since it was a patriarchal society anyway, why not blame women? :dunno: It's their fault for being so damned attractive. So make them hide their natural beauty, and make it all their fault if someone rapes them. And blame the woman for adultery. It's oppressive to women. But as an artifact of believing that women are to blame for sexual deviancy. Totally fine for men to rape boys tho.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I agree. Secular ideologies aren't a lot different from religion, other than there isn't necessarily a literal god involved. The figurative "god" for climate change would be the earth.

And religion or ideology can certainly be a driver for oppression. But not exactly for the sake of oppression. The oppression is an artifact of the belief, in other words. So for Islam, it's not like Mohamed said, "I wonder how I can justify oppressing women. Ooh, I know..."

I suspect it was more like, if you're gonna have religious rules against sexual promiscuity, since it was a patriarchal society anyway, why not blame women? :dunno: It's their fault for being so damned attractive. So make them hide their natural beauty, and make it all their fault if someone rapes them. And blame the woman for adultery. It's oppressive to women. But as an artifact of believing that women are to blame for sexual deviancy. Totally fine for men to rape boys tho.
    I dated a woman who was born and raised as a Muslim and came to the US a little over a decade ago. She left Islam. I thought I knew about the last paragraph you wrote, and you are spot on, but it barely skims the surface. It's really, really shocking. It screams of men's indulgence in their uninhibited desires but also of massive insecurity.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

Reminds me of the Borg. ;)

main-qimg-573377b33f5a067e52804d974f0092fb.jpg

ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    I love hearing from white westerners shout "it's a religion of peace" while PhD level professors of Islamic studies at some of the most prestigious Islamic universities in Iraq and Saudi Arabia are blowing themselves up and spreading Sharia law. I had a friend that would try to get into arguments with me because I once said that ISIS were composed of Muslims (yeah, shocker). He said they weren't Muslims because "he read the Koran and it didn't say anything about violence". The same person who went to Catholic schools for 10 years and didn't know which book Noah's Ark was in is preaching me on what the Koran says? The same person who can't read anything that doesn't have wizards or any other mythical fiction somehow read the entire Koran and understands it's meanings?

I read small parts of the Koran when I took Apologetics, but I didn't have the hubris to think I understood the nuances of a major world religion. I should have told him to look up the Dunning Kruger Effect. I went to Catholic schools for 12 years and had theology classes every one of those years, and I still wouldn't consider myself even adept at understanding the Bible and all the other things in the subject of Christianity. Some people read a few lines and think they know everything while some study for years and don't consider themselves experts. Like Christianity, there is a lot more to Islam than just the Koran. Mohammed wrote letters and other writings later on the abrogate what's written in the Koran, but yet no one mentions those.

Top Bottom